Why is my LTE speed so slow on my iPhone 6. I've tried multiple locations in Los Angeles and get ~7 meg. download. A friends iPhone 6 on AT
tgrieger

LTE download and upload speeds are slow on my iPhone 6.  I also tried this on a co-workers iPhone 6 and got the same results, approximately 7 meg download.  A friend with an iPhone 6 on AT&T is getting ~35 meg download.  Is there something wrong with the network.  I've tried this in 5 different areas in Los Angeles.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is my LTE speed so slow on my iPhone 6.  I've tried multiple locations in Los Angeles and get ~7 meg. download.  A friends iPhone 6 on AT
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tgrieger,

Thanks for the info! After review, I was unable to locate any reported outages. Average speeds while on 4G should be 5-12 Mbps. If the device is reading 7 Mbps, then it is in the normal range. Are you having trouble accessing a particular application?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why is my LTE speed so slow on my iPhone 6.  I've tried multiple locations in Los Angeles and get ~7 meg. download.  A friends iPhone 6 on AT
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tgrieger,

Help has arrived! What zip code are you located in? Is your device connected to Wi-Fi when processing a speed test?

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Why is my LTE speed so slow on my iPhone 6. I've tried multiple locations in Los Angeles and get ~7 meg. download. A friends iPhone 6 on AT
tgrieger

I have tried in Zip Code(s) 90036, 90068 and in the Studio City area.  I turn the Wi-Fi off when I do the tests.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tgrieger,

Thanks for the info! After review, I was unable to locate any reported outages. Average speeds while on 4G should be 5-12 Mbps. If the device is reading 7 Mbps, then it is in the normal range. Are you having trouble accessing a particular application?

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Why is my LTE speed so slow on my iPhone 6. I've tried multiple locations in Los Angeles and get ~7 meg. download. A friends iPhone 6 on AT
tgrieger

No.  I was just wondering why my friends iPhone 6 is getting around 35 meg download on AT&T.  Verizon is advertising superior speeds but I guess that's not the case.  Sorry to have bothered you.

0 Likes
wwits
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not just you and it's not just LA and it's not the iPhone 6. Verizon's reps can only say "the map says you have good coverage" and "there are no outages in your area" and will completely ignore your reports of slow speed.  Verizon has poor performance compared to AT&T and even T-Mobile in most of San Francisco as well.

Extremely slow LTE service in San Francisco

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Are you on band 13 or band 4?  13 is the original LTE band and remains relatively congested. Band 4 is the XLTE band and is less congested and has higher overall potential bandwidth (15 MHz vs 10 MHz). Even so, 7 Mbps is more than enough for doing stuff on your phone and is not considered slow. 

To check band,

dial *3001#12345#*

select serving cell info

frequency band will say 13 or 4

FInd an area with band 4 and retest. 

0 Likes
butchyboy12

Ditto. I had the same issue last spring. I dropped Verizon after months of canned responses and "trouble tickets" that were never dealt with. Verizon isn't what they used to be. Went prepaid and have WAY better service for half the price (not on Verizon's network). And, in that, I ask Verizon..."Can you hear your FORMER CUSTOMERS now?"

0 Likes
Deb59
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see one person who has seen the light with Verizon's bull---, I dropped 3 lines and will drop my line in December, the next one June 2015.  I will be done with them after 20 years.

0 Likes