Galaxy S5 Visual Voicemail Error 9005
k9ontime

I just got my galaxy S5 replaced through warranty, and a few days later I got some Verizon Visual Voicemail alert. When I tap on it, it takes me to a screen that says "Due to a change in your phone, we need to update your visual Voice Mail service. When we finish the update, basic Visual Voicemail will be provided free of charge." At the bottom of the screen is two buttons, which say "call voicemail" and "subscribe to Basic visual voice mail. When i press subscribe, it says "Sorry, we're having trouble connecting." along with the error code 9005. I don't want to pay for anything, but can someone please tell me what's going on??? I have Wi-Fi, and everything else that requires internet works fine.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 Visual Voicemail Error 9005
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

k9ontime,

Hearing that you are having some trouble with this phone is certainly concerning and we do want to get to the bottom of this for you. Basic visual voicemail is no cost at all to you to use the service. If you would like to use the basic visual voicemail, you can follow the steps here http://vz.to/XMEq5K to reset the application. Try this and keep us posted on the outcome.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JCOphoto

I also have an s5 and after the latest update I am having the same issues with Visual Voicemail. Your solution didn't help. Please fix!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this info, JCOphoto. When you are going through this set up, are you connected to WiFi? Do you receive the same error if you disable WiFi?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JCOphoto

The error occurs either way.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JC Ophoto!

I'm sorry for this inconvenience! Let's get things going asap! Please follow these steps: http://vz.to/1vKNwfG

Keep me posted!

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JCOphoto

I do not want the Premium Voicemail ($2.99), I am trying to keep the Basic Voicemail (free), but it keeps giving me the error and the notification to update keeps popping up as well.

0 Likes
kat84t

Can you not use visual voicemail while using wifi?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Visual voice mail requires a mobile data connection.

0 Likes
Christopher_M
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm on a Sony Xperia z3v.  I am also having the same issue. Says need to update. When I push update a please wait pops up and acts like it's updating. Then throws error 9005 after about 30 seconds.

0 Likes