Windows Cyan
dunlopscott64
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is VZW dragging their feet on the update???? Every other carrier with windows phones has pushed the update down. I'm seriously considering going to AT&T if someone from VZW doesn't respond to this thread...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Windows Cyan
primortal
Master - Level 1

Read the numerous other thread about this very subject.

You might as well go to AT&T now. VZW won't respond to this other than telling you to subscribe to their newsletter emails so you get the latest news from VZW.

From Microsoft, we should see it in the coming weeks.

dunlopscott64
Enthusiast - Level 1

So sad. I have been really pleased with VZW coverage. AT&T not so much...

0 Likes
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

Coverage maps are pretty much wrong but I came to Verizon when they purchased a smaller company that had GREAT coverage in the area I live in.  AT&T has just as good in our area so other than the contract keeping me with Verizon I will switch when it ends.

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Don't wait for them, get it from Microsoft.

Get Windows Phone 8.1 now legitimately!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jharris326,

We don’t want to lose you as our customer! Look at all the reasons to choose Verizon Wireless: http://vz.to/13N0B6O . What has you considering a switch? What can we do to keep you on the best network?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Tepid
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

jharris326,

We don’t want to lose you as our customer! Look at all the reasons to choose Verizon Wireless: http://vz.to/13N0B6O . What has you considering a switch? What can we do to keep you on the best network?

BrianP_VZW

Holy cow, did you really just ask that question?

Are you kidding? Or are you being sarcastic?

Because you really can not be serious.

0 Likes
Tepid
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

jharris326,

We don’t want to lose you as our customer! Look at all the reasons to choose Verizon Wireless: http://vz.to/13N0B6O . What has you considering a switch? What can we do to keep you on the best network?

BrianP_VZW

This post is the kind of inane drivel we should expect?

Come on BrianP_VZW ... surely you can do better than that.

Or is that a canned response because you really didn't read the OP post?

Have no concern whatsoever for the question asked, or seriously could care less?

Maybe it's time I thought about leaving. Inane posts like that sure do not convey confidence.

I was with VZW for a long time, and I left cause of the Data Rate changes and went to Sprint

Found out how Sprint couldn't care less for the Windows Phones and came back because I thought

Wow, VZW is pushing updates and top of the Line WP's.

I should have known better.

Well, You have some time to convince me. Enjoy my payments while you can

You might just have one less coming your way.

And no, I am no longer advising anyone to come to Verizon.

I steer them to ATT, cause obviously they care about getting updates out to their customers.

0 Likes
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

Brian you want to get people to stay then release the Cyan firmware and Windows 8.1 update!  Start giving us answers instead of passing us worthless signup forms for your trash news letter that just takes space and gives us nothing.  Stop hiding behind a couple of people that keep defending Verizon and talk to us.  Right now I see you doing nothing, noda, zip.  WHY would I stay with a company that puts making money ahead of customer service?  AT&T released the Cyan firmware and Windows 8.1 update about 30 days ago for the LAST of their Windows phones.  Verizon has not released it to even ONE phone.  You talk to 5 Verizon CS people and you get 5 different answers from, there is no Cyan update to the Windows phone, to it will be out in a couple of days.  Your sales staff direct customers away from Windows phones with all kind of BS.  They don't want to sell you a Windows phone since they know you are holding up the updates.  They also lie to customers saying if you buy the high end Windows phone the update will be out in a couple of days.  THEY can't even get their stories straight.  You push the iPhone 6 when we log into our accounts....even though THEY bend when NOT DESIGNED to.  My bet is you will not even bother to answer this post!

jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

Amen, I tell people to go to AT&T since Verizon could care less about the customer.  Too bad AT&T is not offering to buy out contracts anymore.  THEIR sales people were just having a ball pointing out that a lot of Verizon Windows phone customers come visit them looking to switch!  They even have Windows 8.1 Nokia phones on display.  AT&T also had rate plans CHEAPER than Verizon IF you own your own phone and bring it to them.  THEY have information that they direct you to of how to move your Verizon phone over to the AT&T network once your contract ends and you get the phone unlocked!

0 Likes