How do you get a contact's photo to show full-screen when they call?
maxglitz
Enthusiast - Level 1

A friend sees a large full-screen photo of some of his contacts when they call. I only see a small round circle with the name next to it? Is there a setting that makes this happen? Both of us on 5c iPhones with OS 8.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you get a contact's photo to show full-screen when they call?
maxglitz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, RobinD.

I've just  solved it through Apple, but want to share the answer for others. Even with ALL of the near-seamless syncing between my Mac, iPad and iPhone, the only way you get a full screen photo of the person calling your iPhone is if you've assigned a photo ON YOUR PHONE to that contact in your iPhone's contacts app. Doesn't matter that Mac's "contacts" already has a photo that you assigned there before. That photo will only show up as the small round mugshot next to the caller ID UNLESS you duplicate the action of assigning the contact with another photo that's in your phone's collection of shots to the contact's listing in iPhone's "Contacts" app.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Maxglitz,

Different applications can be so fun when trying to personalize your phone. It sounds like your friend downloaded a third party application that allowed them to change the size of the photo.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
maxglitz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, RobinD.

I've just  solved it through Apple, but want to share the answer for others. Even with ALL of the near-seamless syncing between my Mac, iPad and iPhone, the only way you get a full screen photo of the person calling your iPhone is if you've assigned a photo ON YOUR PHONE to that contact in your iPhone's contacts app. Doesn't matter that Mac's "contacts" already has a photo that you assigned there before. That photo will only show up as the small round mugshot next to the caller ID UNLESS you duplicate the action of assigning the contact with another photo that's in your phone's collection of shots to the contact's listing in iPhone's "Contacts" app.

0 Likes