Windows Phone Update & FCC - Time for Round 2
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Ding!  Ding!  For those of you who have filed your complaint with the FCC and have heard back from Verizon - it's time for Round 2.

Why Round 2?  Well, it seems that Verizon has been responding back to the FCC regarding our complaints by simply stating that there is "no violation that could be found".  And from what the FCC says, that puts the responsibility back into our lap in getting an FCC Representative to further investigate what can be done about our continued Windows Phone update delays.  In order to continue the push, please fax a brief letter with your name, address, complaint number and complaint to the FCC Consumer Line below (1-888-225-5322).  Explain in your note that you still do not have your update, that the wait is unacceptable, and that you want the FCC to pursue a remedy to the problem.

There is word coming in just today that Verizon customers who are speaking with Verizon Reps are being told that there were a significant number of complaints that poured in regarding this update.  While this is good news, the push needs to be escalated.  Again, you can do this with one simple letter faxed to the number below.  And if Verizon contacted you regarding the upgrade via email, please be sure to include that email along with your fax to the FCC.

If you would like to make your follow up letter more "official", you can also send a printed copy to the physical address below.

(For those of you still without Windows Phone 8.1 Cyan and would like to file a complaint after waiting for months and months with no release date in sight - please use the FCC Complaint Website listed below.)

FCC Consumer Line:  1-888-225-5322

Federal Communications Commission

Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau

Consumer Complaints

445 12th Street, SW

Washington, D.C. 20554

FAX:  1- 866-418-0232

FCC Complaints:  File Complaint | FCC.gov

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Windows Phone Update & FCC - Time for Round 2
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

...and as we grind slowly through the Verizon / FCC process, there is the alternative Windows Phone Developer Preview Program to keep us up to date and entertained.

As of 3:30 PM EST today, the (below) said Developer Preview update is available.

Don't forget to keep those faxes and letters coming!!!

Joe Belfiore: Microsoft could offer new Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview updates this week | Wind...

0 Likes
Re: Windows Phone Update & FCC - Time for Round 2
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Just RECD basic letter in mail stating that my FAX was received, my continued concerns were being attached to my original complaint, and that someone would follow up with me shortly.

Slow moving, but getting some kind of response/acknowledgement from the FCC.

0 Likes