How do I recover deleted text messages from Verizon Cloud?
mrcattleman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last night I accidentally deleted an entire text conversation/thread.  I immediately tried to restore the messages from the Verizon Cloud, but when the restore was complete, none of the deleted messages were there.  Is there a way to get the deleted text messages back?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Recover deleted text messages from Verizon Cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mrcattleman!

I'm sorry you accientally deleted some important messages. I know how aggravating that can be! I'm sorry to let you know that call logs and messages are deleted from the cloud when deleted from your phone, but all other content is always kept in the cloud. Unfortunately, the messages won't be in the Cloud if deleted from the handset manually. Here's a link w/the Cloud information: http://vz.to/1u0yL81

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mrcattleman!

I'm sorry you accientally deleted some important messages. I know how aggravating that can be! I'm sorry to let you know that call logs and messages are deleted from the cloud when deleted from your phone, but all other content is always kept in the cloud. Unfortunately, the messages won't be in the Cloud if deleted from the handset manually. Here's a link w/the Cloud information: http://vz.to/1u0yL81

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW

ccwp
Enthusiast - Level 1

Switch your messaging system to Verizon messages. When you do that give it a moment then itll say you're getting a bunch of text messages. Then your cloud should pop up in your notification bar and hit restore messages. Itll take hours but you will get them all back. We get no answers from the tech team because most of them do not even have androids. Hope this Helps.

Samsung Galaxy Edge!

MSUMommy
Enthusiast - Level 1

How and where do you switch to Verizon Messaging?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Great question, MUSMommy! You can download Verizon Messages in the Google Play Store. Check out more info about Verizon Messages here: http://spr.ly/6586f9Ij

MichelleH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
022883rs
  • what if ur phone is connected to ur the laptop through verizon message +
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to lose your messages, 022883rs. Let's work together on the best options to recover your messages. Please explain what happened to your messages. How do you use your laptop for your messaging? How do you back up your content?

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes