Tried to activate fingerprint swipe on my samsung galaxy s5 and locked myself out. Help!
ivysgma

Can someone tell me how to get back into my phone after I apparently locked myself out?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tried to activate fingerprint swipe on my samsung galaxy s5 and locked myself out. Help!
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you set an alternate password?  If you didn't, or if you can't remember it, did you activate Android Device Manager on your phone and associate it with your Google account?  If so, then you may be able to use Android Device Manager to unlock your phone.  Otherwise, you'll have to do a factory data reset (and all your data will be lost unless you've backed it up somewhere).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Tried to activate fingerprint swipe on my samsung galaxy s5 and locked myself out. Help!
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you set an alternate password?  If you didn't, or if you can't remember it, did you activate Android Device Manager on your phone and associate it with your Google account?  If so, then you may be able to use Android Device Manager to unlock your phone.  Otherwise, you'll have to do a factory data reset (and all your data will be lost unless you've backed it up somewhere).

0 Likes
ErinAS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just a big thanks for your comment- I was in a panic as same thing happened today.  I even called Verizon and spoke to them for 26+ minutes- their only solution was factory reset.  I read your post and remembered I had downloaded the Android Device Manager app ONE WEEK AGO.  I logged in on the computer and BANG- all reset.  removed the fingerprint security and i'm happy again.   Thanks!

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm glad it worked out for you.

0 Likes
sunshine4727
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much for the Device Manager hint.  I was just 2 attempts away from reset to factory default - blah.  Woohoo

Thanks so much.