Android 4.4.4 release date for galaxy s4
jonnyjbird2121

Hi i am wondering when android 4.4.4 will come out for the samsung galaxy s4 because some of my friends have a galaxy s3 with sprint and they already got the update so if you can tell me when this is supposed to happen that wil be great

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android 4.4.4 release date for galaxy s4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, jonnyjbird2121! I see you're looking for info on an update to the Galaxy S4. I regret that I haven't been advised of anything pending. We normally announce software updates and other releases at our News site. The link is here: http://bit.ly/n5snpq

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
joonhyuk
Contributor - Level 1

They will probably hold on to the delay long enough to just push the upgrade to Android L. S4 is still within the guidelines of still being supported by Samsung. However, the roll-out dates are determined by carriers. Likelihood of this being soon is relatively slim since Verizon has a track record of being the slowest to adopt.

alohafri
Enthusiast - Level 2

And we are still waiting...and I HATE the 4.4.2 update as my text messages are so slow.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

4.4.2 is probably not the cause of the slow messaging.  Try deleting old messages, clearing system cache, or just the app cache for messaging, reboot the phone, and see if messaging works better.

AZSALUKI
Legend

i'm also guessing you won't see 4.4.4 since they really should push lolipop before too long.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alohafri, we want you to love your wireless experience with us! Did you download a 3rd party text messaging application to your device? Did that issue just recently start? Please provide more details so that we can further assist you.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
NY1Writer

I learned Verizon's failure to upgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 is the reason why I cannot create folders in the Galaxy S4's email in addition to the default Inbox, Drafts, Outbox and Trash. I read Steve Schwartz' Que manual, "My Samsung Galaxy S4" and expected to fine a + sign on the list of folders. Alas, it assumed the device was properly upgraded.

Some websites said the problem was that I use a POP3 setting instead of IMAP but I finally got a Samsung tech support supervisor who physically created a POP3 account on an S4, found the + sign and then checked her Android version, which was 4.4.4. She confirmed that Verizon was woefully late in upgrading -- and hear I learn from a Verizon staffer (above) that the dinosaur is unlikely to stop eating grass.

At least they could alert Samsung of their failure. I wasted hours of my time with three different Sam tech staff until that very sharp woman nailed the problem. VERY DISAPPOINTED VERIZON CUSTOMER HERE. I need to "save" some email on the phone and the "save" icon only offers to "move" it to TRASH.

0 Likes
kmap
Enthusiast - Level 2

answer Verizon's questions to you & you might get your problem fixed.. Why post the problem & not follow up with how to fix it!

0 Likes
alohafri
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. My messenger service is the one that was provided with the phone. I have sporadic problems where the message will take up to 5 minutes to send. Other times it will send right away. It may be just a coincidence, but this started happening when I upgraded to 4.4.2.

0 Likes