Galaxy S5 voice to text gone??
orygood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy S5 I have been using Messages for my default. I had a button to use voice to text and since the updates it is no longer there and I don't know how to get it back. Please help??

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S5 voice to text gone??
phixx79
Contributor - Level 1

The Samsung keyboard will remain greyed out. 

Make sure that Google Search is working properly.  Enable, Clear Cache or Force Close if you need it.  Apps > Settings > Applications > Application Manager > slide over to All > find Google Search

Also try making sure that you have everything setup in the keyboard.  Settings > Language and Input > Text-to-Speech Options > switch from Samsung Text-to-Speech Engine to Google Text-to-Speech Engine

You could always FDR it as a last ditch effort.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

orygood,

Hmm that does seem a little strange. Let's take a look at this a little closer in detail. If you go into your text messages and open up the keyboard. The microphone should be to the left of the space key. If that doesn't show a microphone then press and hold that button. You should be able to get some options, one of those options would be the microphone. Please tap on that. This should then bring you back to normal. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
orygood
Enthusiast - Level 2

No the microphone is no longer an option. That button now is many

choices. They are settings, write to text, clipboard, emoticons and I can

make the keyboard smaller. Those are my only choices. I even have looked in

settings to see if I can change that and I can't?? I can't find it

anywhere??

On Sep 16, 2014 9:02 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

phixx79
Contributor - Level 1

Apps > Settings > Language and Input > Make sure Google Voice Typing is on.  You can also go into the Text-to-Speech Settings and download language packs and edit some of the Samsung voice features, as well.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
orygood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the help but that doesn't help either. I can change my default keyboard but the check mark box for my Samsung keyboard is grayed out. I don't know why n I think that might have something to do with it. I have uninstalled the google voice to text and reinstalled it but still nothing. All those opinions I don't even use I would rather just have the microphone back??

phixx79
Contributor - Level 1

The Samsung keyboard will remain greyed out. 

Make sure that Google Search is working properly.  Enable, Clear Cache or Force Close if you need it.  Apps > Settings > Applications > Application Manager > slide over to All > find Google Search

Also try making sure that you have everything setup in the keyboard.  Settings > Language and Input > Text-to-Speech Options > switch from Samsung Text-to-Speech Engine to Google Text-to-Speech Engine

You could always FDR it as a last ditch effort.

orygood
Enthusiast - Level 2

I must have disabled Google search. Once I turned it back on I got it

back!!! Smiley Happy thank you so much.

phixx79
Contributor - Level 1

Hey, no problem!  Glad you got it working. 😃

0 Likes
ISX600

This also worked for me today. Thank you for your suggestion, I'm wondering if in one of the last updates it got disabled? I had to go through the app store to re enable it.

0 Likes
Lindseyk75
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm working on this same issue. My (and my husband's) microphone has been gone for a while now. Nothing listed seems to work.

Mind you, I can't find Google Search either.

Anyone have any new ideas since the last update?