why is phone not ringing? all settings appear correct but no ring, no text message ding, or keyboard clicks.
burger_boy1

why is phone not ringing?  all settings appear correct but no ring, no text message ding, or keyboard clicks.

Feel really stupid right now!!

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: why is phone not ringing?  all settings appear correct but no ring, no text message ding, or keyboard clicks.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

burger_boy1 we'll make sure the device is a clear as a whistle! I'm sure you're doing everything right, we'll just cross all bases. On the left hand side, is the switch showing orange or clear? If it is orange, please switch it to clear then try again.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: why is phone not ringing? all settings appear correct but no ring, no text message ding, or keyboard clicks.
battalion1

?I don't understand the answer. Mine is doing the same thing? Any ideas

0 Likes
Re: why is phone not ringing?  all settings appear correct but no ring, no text message ding, or keyboard clicks.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

battalion1,

I apologize for the confusion. With the phone's screen facing you, on the left side there is a switch. This is the silend mode switch, if you see the orange indicator, then swith up to fix it.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Re: why is phone not ringing? all settings appear correct but no ring, no text message ding, or keyboard clicks.
eric906johnson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue. My phone is connected to 1x and I can't make or receive calls. This is a replacement phone that was just sent to me and I can't even call Verizon tech support for help. I'm not happy at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's frustrating when a phone isn't working correct, eric906johnson! What make & model device do you have? Have you gone onto My Verizon to activate it yet? Replacement devices must be activated before they will start making and receiving calls and accessing data.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
OCGrandma

My iphone (4? I believe) recently started ringing intermittently also.  .It's not a matter of settings or bars because with it sitting right next to me, even when someone says I'll call you right back, and they do, it takes them several tries to get me after their first calls roll into voicemail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
OCGrandma,

Thank you so much for responding.  Do you have Wi-Fi turned on or off when you're home?  Does your service improve or worsen indoors? 
EmmaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes