Wifi calling and iPhone 6
agmlauncher

Does Verizon support Wifi calling for the iPhone 6 the way AT&T and T-Mobile do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wifi calling and iPhone 6
Tidbits
Legend

AT&T doesn't have WiFi calling...  Yet...  2015 sometime, but no hard date.  Sprint has WiFi calling, but it might not work the way the iPhone does it, or maybe they'll convert when released.

T-Mobile is the only carrier known for it to be working out of the box from what I have seen in ADC.

Verizon has shown no sway to having it working or not in the near future.  They currently don't support it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

AT&T doesn't have WiFi calling...  Yet...  2015 sometime, but no hard date.  Sprint has WiFi calling, but it might not work the way the iPhone does it, or maybe they'll convert when released.

T-Mobile is the only carrier known for it to be working out of the box from what I have seen in ADC.

Verizon has shown no sway to having it working or not in the near future.  They currently don't support it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

agmlauncher,

Great question! I have wonderful news for you. The iPhone 6 is capable of what we considered Advanced calling, meaning the you will be able to make calls over wifi. Check out all the details of Advanced calling here... http://vz.to/1s4xVT1

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dr_bob

Hi Lindsey,

Advanced Calling isn't really true WiFi calling, from what I can tell.  From the FAQ it appears that only VoLTE is supported for voice.  And while WiFi is supported for video calls, it seems that it can only be initiated if the phone is on the LTE network.  What would really be nice would be to initiate voice or video directly over WiFi (as, eg, T-Mobile does), without the need for LTE.

0 Likes