Samsung Galaxy S4 wifi not transmitting
Classic66
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Samsung Galaxy s4 shows it is connected when it feels like it. But it is receiving and not transmitting. I can see it when I log in to my Verizon router and it fails the ping test.I get every error message it can think of - "Saved, Secured", "Connected", "Out of Range" (I'm next to the router), "Authentication Failed", and "Disconnected because the Network is too slow". The Galaxy S3, Motorola Maxx, Ipod, 3 laptops, and a printer doesn't have this problem. Just my S4.It worked for a month, then just stopped. No app download happened. No settings on the router changed. I even completed a factory reset, taking my phone back to straight of the box. The wifi worked just long enough to talk to Google Play and has not communicated with my router ever since. Even though it shows it is connected.

Help? Anyone?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 wifi not transmitting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Classic66,

Goodness! Lets get your Wi-Fi on your phone working the way it should be so that you're not using data when you don't want to. You've done a lot of trouble shooting so far. Please try uninstalling all Google Plus updates and then test to see if that does the trick!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jimmyray

This is happening  to a lot of Verizon customers. Are you sure it's not a bandwith/peak time ADJUSTMENT issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get this working for you. The information shared with us doesn't suggest that at this time. Does it only happen at specific times? Is there a history to support it? We have to eliminate some things to figure it out. We will get the job done.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes