LG Revere 3 Not Charging
Nbraun

I recently got this phone, and whenever I plug it in it displays "Not Charging", and doesn't charge the battery. I haven't yet activated the phone but I don't want to if it has a bad battery, ect. so I still have a functioning phone well it goes through getting RMA'd.

Does anyone know what causes this? I've used different cables and had no luck.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Revere 3 Not Charging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Nbraun, that stinks that the phone is not charging! I definitely want to get this working for you so you can enjoy this new phone! Has this phone ever been able to take a charge? When you tried different chargers, did you also try different outlets?

0 Likes
Eltonfan

I have had this same problem.  Phone arrived Wednesday.  I called tech support, and they sent me a new phone. The new phone is doing the exact same thing.  Getting annoyed.  Taking both phones to a store tomorrow.

0 Likes
Nbraun

I took it in a little while ago and the phones at the store did it as well, but it will now charge once activated. I guess for some reason the software won't let the phone charge if it hasn't been activated, maybe?

That would be pretty dumb though, especially since it isn't mentioned anywhere and the instructions specifically say to charge the phone before activating.

0 Likes
Fortunato

Dear Verizon Wireless Customer Support,

I seem to have the same problem as NBraun.  Smiley Sad

phone = LG REVERE 3

Item SKU = LG-VN170

Just got the phone and am trying to charge the battery for the first time.

I made sure the battery was installed correctly.  I switched to another 120V outlet.  Using the USB cable and charger adapter that came with the phone.

Did NBraun get it right?  "for some rason the software won't let the phone charge if it hasn't been activated, maybe?"?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fortunato, that is a great question and I know this would perplex me quite a bit as well. Let's see if we can clear this up. After some reasearch for the product we were able to determine that the device would need to activate to take a full charge.  Once activated, the device will be charged normally. Before activation, the device stops charging at 35% of the battery capacity for battery protection. Hope this helps!

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CJSCJS

Just had the same thing occur. I verified the Verizon USB was connected properly at the phone and adapter ports, the Verizon adapter was plugged in correctly to the outlet, and the battery was aligned correctly in the phone. Tried three different outlets; two power strips (both on) and a wall socket. Nothing. Then I googled "LG Revere 3 not charging" and found this info, so I went ahead and activated the phone and it was already at three bars. I set up a few things and it quickly dropped to two bars, then plugged in the charger and it is now charging just fine. It would be helpful if this information was included with this product.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi CJSCJS,

Congrats on the new phone! Sorry to hear that you are having charging issues. Thanks for the feedback, I will be sure to uplift this issue.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
flyrplnz

This information should be in the Get To Know Your Phone booklet that comes with the phone because is specifically says to charge the phone fully before turning it on.

I purchased this phone once before and it did the same thing. I thought it was broken so I sent for an RMA which turned into a whole different problem.  Would up with a Samsung.

This time I thought I would try the LG Revere again. Since I got the same charging problem as the earlier one I thought I would google for an answer and found this thread.  This information on would have save me and customer support a whole lot of trouble.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Most brand new li-ion battery are stored with a 25 - 33% charge before shipping and use. This is their best storage life level at a given store temp to last or be fresh. One they are activated they will from time to time drift from their normal life cycle an require a rebuild or re-cycle period. I agree the full charging and activation instructions should be given to the end-user at time of sale.