How come my Maxx will not connect to 4g?
chrisindfw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought a new Maxx in July after my old Razr met an untimely death in a puddle of water. I seem to recall at the beginning everything was working fine. Since then I believe I have had two system updates. Now I can never connect to 4g. It will stay connected for a minute and then drop to 3g. I live in a very strong 4g area.

Things I have tried:

- Rebooting phone

- Pulling sim card, waiting, putting it back in, reboot.

- Airplane mode off/on

- Change networks to different options, no luck.

- *228 to reprogram my phone, tried both reprogram and update roaming.

- I tried the *#*#4636#*#* but it did not work any more.

- From searching google, I do not have any task killers or battery applications. The only thing I have is Apex launcher.

What can I do in order to get 4g back? I went to my local store and they spent 30 seconds turning it off and on followed by "must be working on the tower". That is total BS since my wife has a phone on my account and hers is 4g in the same house.

Any advice or people with similar issues?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How come my Maxx will not connect to 4g?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't dial *228 on a 4G LTE phone to reprogram it or update the PRLs ... that's handled by the SIM card. 

You might try a new SIM card; they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store or by calling Customer Service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't dial *228 on a 4G LTE phone to reprogram it or update the PRLs ... that's handled by the SIM card. 

You might try a new SIM card; they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store or by calling Customer Service.

0 Likes
Love2Travel73

Since I updated mine with the KitKat update, I rarely get 4G although I am in a 4G area.

0 Likes