Samsung S5 no longer finds 4g
MichelleSM

I hoped this issue would be answered, but no such luck.

My Galaxy S5 will no longer find a 4g signal.  The 3g doesn't seem too horrible, but I'm not thrilled with losing the service when that was the reason I got Verizon in the first place.

To make things a little more interesting, I have two identical phones on the account - both Galaxy S5. The other phone is apparently experiencing no issues.  I have had these phones since May, with no issues until just a few days ago.

I have already tried rebooting, and removing the sim card and battery.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung S5 no longer finds 4g
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try reseating the SIM card again and if it still doesn't help, try a new SIM card ... they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store or by calling Customer Service.

Also ensure that the mobile network is set to LTE/CDMA and not Global.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

when i had the issue i called cs & they did something to the signal supposedly & 4g returned.

0 Likes
AmandaReine
Enthusiast - Level 3

This happened to my S4 and it was a huge pain because you're paying for the service but you can never get a connection, calls are dropped constantly, and I had to hover near a window to actually sent a text message (there were a few times I had to hold my phone out of my sunroof to even get signal for a few minutes to send a message).  However, I went in to a Verizon store, they looked at it and replaced my SIM card. Worked perfect after that.

0 Likes
scottman1

Michelle did you ever get your issue resolved? I am having the same issue.

0 Likes
kakrohn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Check your Cellular settings and see if LTE is turned on.

0 Likes
SeanNM

I've had no such luck either.  It would be nice if the customer service reps would stop reading the standard trouble shooting dialog and treat us like we know a little bit.  I have a S5 and only see 4g when Haley's comet comes around. I tried a SIM swap from my old phone and nothing.  I think VZW should make a bigger issue of this because their name is on this phone.  The unfortunate part is I read the reviews from most of the cellular companies and I have yet to see any comments in reviews about the lack of 4G on a 4G phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concerns regarding 4G fluctuating to 3G at times NM-4gless! Smartphones are designed to connect to strongest signal, and 3G might be stronger in some areas. It is also normal to experience some signal fluctuation while indoors as structural interference can impact (sometimes greatly) radio signals. I see that you have done basic troubleshooting and issue continues. Do get 4G signal at all? I recommend stopping by a Verizon Wireless store http://bit.ly/3SdsA and get a free SIM card replacement and test. If you never get 4G, we may need to explore replacement options. http://vz.to/uyYF0o

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Stephen_Nelson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anybody have a resolution for this?  I see people complain and then go away,  Anyone get a solid read on what the real fix is?  A new sim, or does the phone have to be replaced?

0 Likes