GV relay number in vzw call history vs number dialed
militarymedic23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wanted to ask if anybody has come across the issue of google voice relay numbers showing up in the vzw call history vs the actual number dialed.

I have an older plan that includes a friends and family section of 5 numbers, but when I call some of these 'family' numbers, vzw is recording the GV relay number instead of the actual number I dialed.  Certainly eats away at my minutes which shouldn't happen under that family circle feature.

If anybody else has seen this behavior with GV, please reply back.  Would like to narrow down how this is possibly happening.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: GV relay number in vzw call history vs number dialed
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's been discussed on several forums:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google+voice+relay+numbers

Take your pick of the results for the one that fits your phone and situation the closest.

0 Likes
militarymedic23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply, but unless I was overlooking some of the results, the primary topic appears to be the GV relay number showing up in the call logs, not how it's showing up on the vzw account side.  Can't see anything wrong with the logs so far, just how vzw sees it.

I did come across a few posts mentioning the various versions of GV and or android OS and or phone pairing have produced issues of the same general issue I'm talking about happening, but no good exploration of what may have been causing it.

Think its about time to move on from the GN phone to something a bit newer, but until I do I wanted to try and explore this issue a bit.

Thanks

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

militarymedic23 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, but unless I was overlooking some of the results, the primary topic appears to be the GV relay number showing up in the call logs, not how it's showing up on the vzw account side.  Can't see anything wrong with the logs so far, just how vzw sees it.

Maybe I'm just not understanding what it is you are asking - I thought you were concerned about the GV relay # showing up in the call logs (call history, Verizon accounting) rather than the actual phone number?

0 Likes
militarymedic23
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes that is it.  I was saying the search hits I came across so far seemed more aimed at people wanting names/numbers showing up properly in their device logs.  Didn't see anything specifically mentioning carrier accounting logs.

I added the two main google relay numbers my phone seems to use into my family circle, but so far it seems none of the outgoing calls are registering as the actual number dialed, only the GV relay number.  I don't call that much, but if I do, esp to these few numbers it can be a 1-3 hour phone call.  Not exactly friendly to the usage minutes when the number dialed is supposed to be in that unlimited circle and it is billed as a cambridge google number!