Communication protocols
SteveBMe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi. I recently purchased a 2013 Hyundai Elantra. I've found that it has a usb connection  but my note2 doesn't work with the usb port. I went to the dealership and they said that I need to buy a specific cable. $45.00. When I bought an aftermarket Bluetooth device, the technician said that the car uses a different communication protocol than the phone does. Car- MSC Phone- MTP/PTP. I just got off the phone with Verizon tech support, and asked them if there were any drivers or patches for this issue. In looking through the multitude of online discussions,  the issue of communication protocols arise there too. It'd be great for someone to write a driver/patch for this,  allowing people like me to connect our phones to our cars and listen to our music, books, etc..... TYIA.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Communication protocols
Not applicable

Hyundai Elantra is a great vehicle I bought two of them!

However Hyundai does sell two separate cables for first iOS which is an Apple device and they also sell an android cable that simply plugs into your USB port on the car and connected to your device.

I have never had any issue with either device. On androids you can set it from the device screen to play music, there is also other options such as use as a mass storage device etc.

With the device set properly the car will play your music. However it does not play all formats. It will play MP3, AAC, WMA but some other formats such as DRM protected music will not and cannot be played.

The 2014 and 2015 models connect the same way. But because its under a connect system its much easier.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Communication protocols
Not applicable

Hyundai Elantra is a great vehicle I bought two of them!

However Hyundai does sell two separate cables for first iOS which is an Apple device and they also sell an android cable that simply plugs into your USB port on the car and connected to your device.

I have never had any issue with either device. On androids you can set it from the device screen to play music, there is also other options such as use as a mass storage device etc.

With the device set properly the car will play your music. However it does not play all formats. It will play MP3, AAC, WMA but some other formats such as DRM protected music will not and cannot be played.

The 2014 and 2015 models connect the same way. But because its under a connect system its much easier.

Good Luck

0 Likes