Data Usage?
grapi

If you get the $45 prepaid card with 500MB of data, does that mean you get a fresh new set of data EVERY 30 days (whether you use it or not), or does your data usage continue to rollover and there is no way to get rid of it? For example, if I use 887KB of 500MB this month, will it rollover to next month's cycle or will data usage reset for me so I get to use a whole new set of 500MB? Does home WI-FI cost me data? How many KB's are in an MB? Thanks in advance....data confuses me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data Usage?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly help to clear up some confusion, grapi. Using your home WiFi will not count toward your cellular data usage, so it's a great way to conserve your allowance. There's 1024 KB in 1 MB, and 1024 MB in 1 GB. FOr a confirmation of your plan allowance and how data is calculated each month with the purchase of a Prepay card, please contact our Prepay Team directly. They can be reached at 888-294-6804 from a number other than your prepaid phone or *611 directly from your device.

JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly help to clear up some confusion, grapi. Using your home WiFi will not count toward your cellular data usage, so it's a great way to conserve your allowance. There's 1024 KB in 1 MB, and 1024 MB in 1 GB. FOr a confirmation of your plan allowance and how data is calculated each month with the purchase of a Prepay card, please contact our Prepay Team directly. They can be reached at 888-294-6804 from a number other than your prepaid phone or *611 directly from your device.

JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
GrandPubah
Enthusiast - Level 2

I beg to differ on the *611 to get to a human. Never worked for me. Smiley Sad

rg204

I have a government account with unlimited data and Verizon keeps throttling the data usage.  How is this right?  It is a weekend and I need to speak with som one about this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rg204,

I'm very sorry to hear your data hasn't been working great for you! It's important that it do so. Only our business team can access government accounts but you can reach them by dialing *611 or 800-922-0204 from your government phone.

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
valquiria
Contributor - Level 1

Hi, I'll try to answer your questions

If you get the $45 prepaid card with 500MB of data, does that mean you get a fresh new set of data EVERY 30 days (whether you use it or not), or does your data usage continue to rollover and there is no way to get rid of it?

For example, if I use 887KB of 500MB this month, will it rollover to next month's cycle or will data usage reset for me so I get to use a whole new set of 500MB?

Yes you'll get 500 MB each month, if you don't use it the next month you'll get another 500 MB. This data does not roll over.

But if you  buy extra data, (ex 500 MB for 5$ / 1GB for 10$ or 3GB for 20$) and you don' t use it all this will be rolling over

Does home WI-FI cost me data?

No. But, my best advice is to turn OFF the data when you got WIFI, in that way you'll be 100% sure.

How many KB's are in an MB?

1024   is the magic number => 1024 KB on a MB / 1024 MB on a GB

Hope this helps...

BB