Need help with data usage on my Samsung s4 smartphone
Lynn6348

I have a Samsung S4 smartphone and a jetpack.  The service where I live is random at best.  I am having issues with data usage from month to month.  In the beginning all went well and staying within the boundaries of usage allowance.  That lasted a couple months and then its like a phatom object is using my data even when all devices are turned completely off including the jetpack.  In one night it used 2 GB in one hour.  What the hell?  I got a small credit but Im talking about 23 GB used in one month for me and my husband only.  We don't do much in the way usage.  I google things and he looks at ebay.  How much data could that possibly use?  Okay, after finally getting Verizon's attention with the bill for 23 gb's, things went much better for a couple months.  Now, this month Im halfway through my billing cycle and it says Ive used 57% of 12 GB.  Upon my own personal investigation I discovered that within a few days time Verizon Cloud used a huge percentage of that data.  The weird thing is, I've never activated the cloud.  Can anybody help me figure this out?  Verizon can't resolve a damn thing and Im sick of it.

Bev

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need help with data usage on my Samsung s4 smartphone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good evening Lynn6348! As a consumer myself, I understand your concerns regarding data usage! It is normal for Verizon Cloud (or any other cloud service you use) to use large amounts of data if you are backing up large media files (pictures, videos, music, etc). We always recommend to do such backups to any cloud service while connected to WiFi, as this will not use any of your cellular data. Give this a try and start saving on cellular data. More on the Verizon Cloud at this link http://vz.to/1rzzfCg

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Good grief that is a lot of data use for a month.  Don't you guys have WIFI?  My wife and I use WIFI for any internet usage and our data usage is only a fraction of our allotted 2 Gig amount.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good evening Lynn6348! As a consumer myself, I understand your concerns regarding data usage! It is normal for Verizon Cloud (or any other cloud service you use) to use large amounts of data if you are backing up large media files (pictures, videos, music, etc). We always recommend to do such backups to any cloud service while connected to WiFi, as this will not use any of your cellular data. Give this a try and start saving on cellular data. More on the Verizon Cloud at this link http://vz.to/1rzzfCg

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes