Smart switch app problem
photomaha

I have been trying to use the Samsung app, Smart Switch Mobil to transfer a lot of contacts, photos etc from my Galaxy S3 to my new Galaxy S5.  I have the app on both phones and have followed the directions exactly.  The files begin to transfer, but with a few minutes I get a message that the phones are disconnected because the wireless signal is too weak.  This is ridiculos because I am in my house with a very strong wifi signal always.  Also, I have the phones within inches of each other.  No reason for this stupid message saying the signal is weak.  Anybody know what the real solution might be?

0 Likes
Re: Smart switch app problem
achen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried using Smart Switch and it kept hanging in the middle of the transfer. I tried transferring one item at a time (text messages only, for example). Didn't work. After wasting too much time searching for workarounds, I just connected my new phone to Akruto (an app I was already using to sync Outlook with my devices) and it worked. Didn't even need Smart Switch. Here's info about Akruto: www.akruto.com.

Hope this helps someone.

0 Likes
Re: Smart switch app problem
bearone21
Legend

contacts....gmail/sync contacts

pics...i upload to gmail/yahoo & download the pics.

i use my s3 a lot this way(s-3 not activated)....wi-fi only....no text/picture messages with wi-fi but email & all other apps update/funtion just like the s5..

0 Likes