Should I leave a Case on Razr M?
Llanowar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sometimes when I play on it for a while it gets really warm. Is this a case issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Should I leave a Case on Razr M?
Amber_Morph
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think the case matters. Is it a silicone case? I actually had a phone over heat and crash due to a silicone case. It absorbed the heat and caused the phone to essentially melt. I haven't had that problem with any hard cases, but I was also given a new phone type after that happened (through insurance), so it could have been an issue specific to that phone. I'd still be leery if it is a rubbery silicone.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not necessarily. Is the game fairly graphics heavy and battery intensive?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad that you are enjoying games on your Razr M. The case may not be the issues. When the phone is in constant use, it will naturally get warm. As Ann154 menitioned, it may get warmer than expected if the game uses intense graphics or battery life. Be cautious if it gets extremely hot to the touch.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Llanowar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not really. I play simple games like Frozen free fall, cookie clickers, etc. I don't have a lot of games on my phone. The battery seems to get really warm even after watching a few youtube videos. 2 to 4 videos to be exact.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

How hot your phone gets may also have to do with the strength of the signal your phone is receiving when playing those videos.

The weaker the signal, the harder the phone has to work, the more battery it will use and the warmer it will get.

Amber_Morph
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think the case matters. Is it a silicone case? I actually had a phone over heat and crash due to a silicone case. It absorbed the heat and caused the phone to essentially melt. I haven't had that problem with any hard cases, but I was also given a new phone type after that happened (through insurance), so it could have been an issue specific to that phone. I'd still be leery if it is a rubbery silicone.

Llanowar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have a silicone case on it. I did some comps. though. I ran no case for a day without the case on it and the phone didn't feel so hot. Then I ran the phone for a day with the case back on it. Doing the almost exact same things as without the case so to get a good comp. and with the case on it actually got much more warmer. I can see how a silicone case would have an affect on this because the case would hold heat in and not let the phone breathe. Thanks for your advice on silicone cases. So, I will run with noo case for a few weeks and see what happens. Thanks again.

0 Likes