Windows Messaging+ App behind a proxy
BrianRVT1

What is the URL for the web service for the Windows Messaging+ app?  Im behind a proxy and it always fails to connect.  There is no option under settings for defining a proxy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Windows Messaging App behind a proxy
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks mnswhit & community. At this time it does not appear as though it is possible to set a proxy for the messaging app. Your feedback is greatly appreciated because it seems as though this is something that is desired. We will be sure to submit your feedback to our internal software teams.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi BrianRVT1!

Let's get this figured out! Are you attempting to view the message from your phone or computer? Which device do you have? Is this an application you downloaded? Please clarify.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Windows Messaging+ App behind a proxy
grclark
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having this problem also.  I downloaded the Message+ app from this page: Verizon Messages - Verizon Wireless

It works fine from home but when I'm at work behind a proxy server I get the following message. "Failed to connect to the server. Please check your network connection and click Yes to retry or No to exit the application."  As stated above, there doesn't seem to be any way to specify a proxy server in the settings.  I was really hoping this would replace MightyText for me but not being able to use a proxy server is a show stopper.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to help those messages go through grclark. Are you on wireless or wifi when you're at work. Any difficulties with other apps or functions while there?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
grclark
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to be clear, we're talking about the desktop PC application for

Windows -- not the phone app. Other applications such as Spotify, Dropbox,

etc. work only when I configure them to use a specific proxy server.  The

Message+ desktop application doesn't seem to all the user to specify a

proxy server anywhere in the settings.

Greg

<< Personal information removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
grclark
Enthusiast - Level 2

Should I interpret your lack of response as you no longer "want to help those messages go through"?

0 Likes
Re: Windows Messaging  App behind a proxy
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

grclark

Sorry for the delay! We're definitely here to help. Since the error is only happening at work, it sounds like something on your work's network that is causing this error. Are you on your work computer or a personal computer you brought from home? Is the computer connected to your work's WiFi/internet or VZW data through your phone's hotspot or a MiFi?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Windows Messaging  App behind a proxy
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

... Since the error is only happening at work, it sounds like something on your work's network that is causing this error. ...

Yes, Greg said

Other applications such as Spotify, Dropbox,

etc. work only when I configure them to use a specific proxy server.  The

Message+ desktop application doesn't seem to allow the user to specify a

proxy server anywhere in the settings.

All he's asking is if the desktop app has an option to set for a proxy server or a way to workaround it....

t_winner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have this problem, PLEASE GIVE MESSAGE+ desktop app the ability to configure a proxy in it's settings. Or give us some other solution to get though a network proxy. I know this is the issue with using it at work, if you truly do what to help, then ether give the information we need to get through the proxy, or update teh app to enable us to configure it to use the proxy.

0 Likes
t_winner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was there any solution to this? I too am looking for solution to set proxy settings in M+, have looked far and wide for a solution that works, I depend on M+ windows app as there is absolutely no cell service at my desk at work, and I'm not allowed to link my phone to the work WiFi, so this is the only solution I've found with the hope of working, just need a way to configure the Proxy settings.