Kit-Kat 4.4.2 Texting and Bluetooth problem Workaround
Graftyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm a QA guy and have been playing with the phone looking for workarounds. I even gave the bluetooth work around to Verizon Technical Support.

Since 4.4.2 I have times when texts fail to go out and my bluetooth connection was dropping in the car.  Hours and hours on the phone with Verizon and Samsung (I have an S4) gained nothing but finger pointing and one Samsung Tech guy basically telling me to stuff it and hanging up on me.  With almost 20 years in QA I decided to see if I could go through all the combinations that were possible to see if any would work. You know that Basic QA stuff that neither the carriers, Verizon nor Google did.

Text failing workaround.

Options:

1. You can reboot phone or do a battery pull.

2. For the most part I get texts to send by going to "Airplane Mode" then back out of Airplane mode. Seems to reset the connection then texts will go through again.   I also seem to only have this issue when I have a very low 4G signal or am on 3G. for whatever it is worth.   Texts use 1x so it shouldn't matter, but it seems to help. I haven't done a restart in a few days and have done multiple airplane mode on/off sequences.

Bluetooth Dropping connection problem with cars:

Steps:

1. Unpair device from car
  2. repair device to car.
  3. When asked to sync contacts say "no" and don't ask me again.

The problem also seems to stem from the contact list syncing. I have paired with my car without syncing contacts and I have been able to use bluetooth calling. 

None of these are solutions but they are workarounds that will help you continue to use the phone.

0 Likes
Re: Kit-Kat 4.4.2 Texting and Bluetooth problem Workaround
kswoods

I have had this EXACT same Blue tooth dropping problem with my LG VS890  phone.  Was working when I got the car then about 2 weeks ago the phone did an system update and it began acting just like this did.

So I just tried following your work around and it WORKS!  Of course I have to add all the entries to the U connect phone book, but at least it works and does not drop. May Thanks!
  So this is an Android issue?  Not a U connect one?

Kevin

0 Likes