LG Spectrum 2 won't call out
auntiepopixie

I'm having trouble with my phone not connecting to the network when I try to make calls. This occurs even when I have 4G access and full bars. It happens at the same time every day (5 p.m.) and then randomly. I've waited for a call to connect for two minutes before having to restart my phone (which is taking longer and longer to restart, but that's another issue, I suppose). Anyone else have this issue or a potential solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Spectrum 2 won't call out
stef7
Master - Level 2

It sounds like it could be a tower capacity problem in the area you are trying to use your phone. Maybe you should call Verizon and ask if there are any trouble-tickets in that ZIP code.

the other possibility is that you have something scheduled to happen on your device at the same time each day, but I'm doubting that is at root cause.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

auntiepopixie lets make sure you're able to stay in the loop! As stef7 stated, we'll need to look closer into your area. What zip code are you located in? Do you know if any other Verizon customer is experiencing the same issue in your area? How long have you been experiencing difficulty?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mitty57

Sounds like the problem I am having with my Spectrum 2.  I could not say for sure that I have 4G access or full bars when it occurs.  It does not always happen at the same time of day, although there are a couple of times of day when it has happened more than once and at those two times of day, I was on the same routes; school to home and work to home.  I've also waited several minutes sometimes with no result (other than the spinning wheel).  Sometimes when I finally get a call to go though, all of my other attempts go through too.  I have restarted my phone.  This continues to happen at least a couple of times a week.  This has been going on for the past several months.  I've had my phone for almost a year.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

What happens when you cycle Airplane mode?

If it's not too inconvenient for you, and you take the proper precautions to back-up your personal content, I might try an FDR.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's very odd but definitely a concern mitty57. Let's work on this. Please remove and re-insert the SIM card and let us know if it improves? Is there any damage to the device? What's your zip code? Just to make sure the area has good coverage. 

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
mitty57

Sorry, I just revisited this problem today.  I did take the SIM card out and re-insert it today.  The device does not have any damage.  My zip code is 45405.  I will monitor the situation to see if this process helps.  I will let you know.  Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Mitty57,

Thanks for completing that step! It looks like it has been about two days since we've spoken.  Let us know if you still need any assistance!

TrevorC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
mitty57

After removing and re-inserting the SIM card, the problem continues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for following up with us, mitty57! I am sorry to hear that you have had the same experience over the past few months. I have reviewd the provided zip code and do not have current alerts in the area. If known, do other users have a similar experience in the same areas? Is this occuring while stationary as well as opposed to moving in a vehicle?

YaleK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes