disable stock messages
mamabuck

I recently starting using the Verizon Wireless Messages+ on my Galaxy S4.  But I am still reciving messages from my stock device Messaging also.  I have disabled the stock Messaging (turned it offj), done a Force Stop, unchecked the Show Notifications box and clicked "never allow" for everything the application does.  But I am still reciving Double messages, from the stock messaging application and the Verizon Messages.  I don't know how else to stop receiving stock messaging so I can receive only the Verizon Messages+.  Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: disable stock messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mamabuck We can definitely address your concerns about the Verizon Messages app. The function of the application is not to replace the stock app in any way. You will receive the same text in both applications. However, you can choose which of the app you want to use primarily. What you have experienced with the double messages in normal so you would just want to open the Verizon Messages app.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mamabuck We can definitely address your concerns about the Verizon Messages app. The function of the application is not to replace the stock app in any way. You will receive the same text in both applications. However, you can choose which of the app you want to use primarily. What you have experienced with the double messages in normal so you would just want to open the Verizon Messages app.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon Messages is a great app to use if you want to read and reply to your Verizon cell phone text messages on your Tablet, Laptop, PC, or another phone, but you still need to have a default text messaging app on your cell phone. What Verizon Messages does is just copy the message from your mobile network to a wifi connection and from a wifi connection back to your mobile network. That way you can view your text messages while working at your computer. 

If you don't like the Stock application there are several great apps you can use.  But Verizon Messages is not designed to be used as the default messaging application. 

Here are some of my favs for Text Messaging:

Text+-- Great if you want to Call and send messages using wifi network. 

Handcent--Lots of great customizations and ability to hide messages

Tango--Video calls enabled from your phone book.  Can also use to send text messages.  

Remember with the new Kit Kat, you must designate only one application as the default text messaging service and having multiple text messaging application even installed on your phone can cause problems and many of your text messages may not be sent with no warning. 

0 Likes