Pantech Jest 2 keeps asking to switch into Global Mode after trip abroad
phoneguy7392

I was in Europe and tried (unsuccessfully) to use a local SIM card...now I'm back in NY and every time I go in the subway my phone asks me if I want to switch into Global/GSM mode since no CDMA network is available (I'm given three options: Yes, this time, Yes, always, and No).

How can I can make it stop doing this? I've tried everything with the various System and Network settings.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech Jest 2 keeps asking to switch into Global Mode after trip abroad
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello phoneguy7392. That can definitely get rather annoying! With your Pantech Jest 2, do you still have the SIM card inserted in the phone? If yes, try removing the card, and choosing No.

Let us know!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Hopefully, removing the SIM card will take care of the problem.

Re: not being able to use your phone, you have to ask Verizon for the unlock code before you leave in order to use another telco's SIM.

Kal1

in India now. Before I left I was told it was unlocked by the vz rep...local sim not working...dont have a code....I was misguided....no way to email vz from the website....very disappointed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kal1 - We certainly want to help you stay connected while so far from home! It would be best to reach out to our Global Support team in order to discuss your unlock and roaming options in the most efficient manner. Here is a link to contact them toll-free: http://vz.to/1nZHt5I

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes