Improve Performance of my Droid Bionic 16G
Tejas_Desai

When I initially got the phone a couple of years ago - it was very fast.  I did not realize how slow it had gotten as my wife is the primary user.  It is painfully slow to do anything at all.  I tried to stop any other apps running in the background and powering down (with the battery removed for >20s) and then power up again - still no improvement.  What can I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Improve Performance of my Droid Bionic 16G
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try running a system cache clear; it shouldn't erase any of your data (but I'd remove the SD card anyway to be on the safe side).

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery *

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

* if doesn't work:

press and hold the volume down and wait for a second or two, then press and hold the volume up and the volume down buttons for 5-6 seconds and then release

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try running a system cache clear; it shouldn't erase any of your data (but I'd remove the SD card anyway to be on the safe side).

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery *

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

* if doesn't work:

press and hold the volume down and wait for a second or two, then press and hold the volume up and the volume down buttons for 5-6 seconds and then release

Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

When I had a Bionic I had to do a factory reset every 4-6 months to keep it running well.  Droids are very finicky. When it started giving me signals it was not feeling well, I did a factory reset and it came back to life.  If clearing the cache doesn't work, then go ahead and back up everything, and wipe the phone clean and do a factory reset.  You will not lose your Jelly bean updates.  Any viruses and spyware slowing the phone down will be removed. 

Use a backup app like Go Backup if you want to save and restore your text msgs and call logs. It will also save wallpapers, contacts and all of your free APKs to restore your applications. There are several other backup apps in the Play Store you can use. I have the paid version of Go Backup and enjoy it.  

I also suggest you select your Account settings to allow Google to backup your apps and app data. That way after you put her google account back on the phone the Google playstore will begin to load her apps to her phone automatically without you having to accept the user agreements. 

Don't forget to move her important app files from the phone to the SD card and then move them back after you wipe the phone clean and before Google begins to reinstall the apps back to the phone.   

Download and use Clean Master.  Its a great app to help keep a Droid running well.

Remove the SIM card for about 5 minutes and then replace it to refresh the phone on the Verizon network. 

I still love the Droid Bionic.  Its one of my favorite phones.  Just full of so much personality and features.  gl

0 Likes