Is there a way to access my voicemail without having to enter my password every time?
kulamelody
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a way to access my voicemail without having to enter my password every time?  Or is the only way to check emails is to click on the voicemail icon and enter password?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a way to access my voicemail without having to enter my password every time?
rcschnoor
Legend

Edit the voicemail number in your settings to include the number, followed by a couple of pauses, followed by the password. This way the password will be automatically entered whenever you call.

View solution in original post

Re: Is there a way to access my voicemail without having to enter my password every time?
B33
Legend

the Later part of what you asked is the Only Way, Visual voice mail may be slightly different but I don't have that service..

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Edit the voicemail number in your settings to include the number, followed by a couple of pauses, followed by the password. This way the password will be automatically entered whenever you call.

rcschnoor
Legend

I've been accessing my voicemail like this for the past ~20 years.

kulamelody
Enthusiast - Level 2

It works!  Rcschnoor thank you; you are a rock star!  Now, is it possible to click on the Voicemail icon and it automatically calls?  Right now I must click on the voicemail icon, then click on the Call Voicemail icon?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

hmm ~ Good concept and I may knew something of RC but I just always used the regular straight out method, but we'll give it a try..

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

For that, you would probably have to create a contact and place it on your homescreen. I don't know if there are any settings where you can have the voicemail icon automatically call, although there may be. You can name the contact you place on your homescreen "call voicemail" or "voicemail", though.

Edit: keep in mind by setting up your voicemail number like I had previously described, anyone with access to your phone will now have access to your voicemails. If you are like me, though, that won't bother you.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For me, that potential access bothered me. So I never minded inputting the voicemail password.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kulamelody
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm like you and rather have a quick way to access my voicemails.  This makes me happy.  Thank you All.