Verizon recording announcement 5 switch 64-2 when making outgoing call
Fiascos

I can make outgoing calls to any phone number in my contacts with no issues. However, when I call the shared phone number on my account which happens to be my spouse's number, I get a recording from Verizon. "Welcome to verizon wireless your call cannot be completed as dialed please hang up and redial the number including area code announcement  5 switch 64-2". I have tried 7, 10 and 11 digit dialing patterns and I get the same recording. I can text the number and can receive calls from the number. I am just unable to call that specific number. Anyone having the same issues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon recording announcement 5 switch 64-2 when making outgoing call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's definitely a concern Fiascos. We want to get those calls flowing again and reaching the correct number. What device make and model is on that line? Have there been any changes to the account, the line or device? What's the zip code where the number is used?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon recording announcement 5 switch 64-2 when making outgoing call
Fiascos

I have the iphone4 and live in Las Vegas, NV. I went to a Verizon store and they took about an hour to fix my phone. They couldn't explain the reason why I was receiving that specific switch message or what caused it. I am just happy that it was fixed. Smiley Happy

I am a former AT&T Pioneer and I reached out to some tech friends I have there. They said it was a switching error due to the addition of the 10-digit dialing pattern effective 5/3 in Nevada for the new 725 area code. They said to resolve the issue they needed to deactivate and reactivate the number to clear out the switch error. Who knows. All I know is the Verizon rep was finally able to fix it. 

0 Likes