Why is my device running so slow?
zyx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the last update, Razr MAXX has problems. I get messages for unresponsive apps, even Market Agent or Android system not responding. The phone often ignores my typing or pressing, putting the screen to sleep (keys show as depressed on the sceen keyboard so it is recognizing the presses).

Lots of problems. And they keep happening despite two factory resets w/ format in the last couple of months as well as draining the battery completely to "recalibrate" as someone suggested.

So frustrating fighting it all of the time and sending report after report with nothing done to fix the slow performance. This experience and the Apple update frying Wifi on the 4s makes you wonder what is going on. Why can't a phone go two years on a contract...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Razr MAXX slow, nothing fixes it
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you letting the phone reinstall the applications and settings after each factory reset? You should do a reset without restoring the settings and applications starting with a clean phone. Run the phone with only the applications installed on the phone from the factory for a few days. If you don't get the error messages, then you can start adding a new application one at a time waiting a day or two between each install.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Razr MAXX slow, nothing fixes it
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you letting the phone reinstall the applications and settings after each factory reset? You should do a reset without restoring the settings and applications starting with a clean phone. Run the phone with only the applications installed on the phone from the factory for a few days. If you don't get the error messages, then you can start adding a new application one at a time waiting a day or two between each install.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes