Missing Contact Pictures - Verizon Message App
FLJamie13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using default text message app, i see all contact pictures.  Using the Verizon Messages app shows only some.  Cannot figure out why some show and some don't.  Brand new GS5...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Missing Contact Pictures - Verizon Message App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FLJames, That's a great question. Are the contact photos displayed w/ verizon messages linked ot any other accounts like gmail or facebook?

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
FLJamie13
Enthusiast - Level 2

some seem to be from Facebook some from google. My messages app definitely pulls Facebook photos.and Google pics.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very strange FLJamie13! Let's try something, please delete/remove your Verizon Messages application, power cycle your phone, then download and install Verizon Messages again and test. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
FLJamie13
Enthusiast - Level 2

You cannot remove it. It is a system app. I did remove the updates, turned it off, power cycled the phone, re-enabled it, installed the update. Still same issue. Samsung app works fine, some pics missing on verizon app.

True-Hammer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem and it is driving me nuts!  Just switched from Sprint and I keep coming across annoyances like this.  If anyone knows how to populate the FB contact pix in the stock messaging app I would be very grateful.  Also, Verizon charges for visual voicemail apparently but I cannot add since it's a corporate phone...does anyone know of an app that does the same thing?

Disnie
Contributor - Level 1

Any update on this?  The Verizon Messaging App is the only app that i can't get to sync contact photos.  The regular messaging app on F5 does pull the pictures. 

musidogtrek
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue on my end. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and the samsung messaging app does just fine in using the FB picture for the contact photo. When I switch to messaging+ many contact photo's are missing. Please remedy this issue!!!

burdurboy05
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue, contacts show up as default grey box with white outline of a person. If you click on that generic profile image it shows the persons image that is synced on the phone with Facebook. For some reason that image doesn't show up in the conversation list though.

TexasAggieJoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. Some of the photos are there and others are not. Verizon please help.