How do I delete files in my downloads
Balen35

How to i delete files in my downloads, have several PDF's,  this is on droid ultra...thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I delete files in my downloads
rcschnoor
Legend

Open up your downloads folder in a file explorer. Select the files you would like deleted. Hit the delete button.Smiley Happy

stef7
Master - Level 2

Yes you should have a File Manager icon. Navigate to the directory, then scroll and long-press on the file, and select Delete.

0 Likes
Balen35

Where or what would be the file explorer.  Or the file manager icon.  I have a icon that states downloads, dont see anything else.  thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can open the Downloads folder from that "Downloads" icon. Otherwise you might have to install a file explorer app from the Play Store to get more control over deleting the files from the folder.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

If your phone was running JellyBean or is running KitKat, it should have a File Manager.  Check your Applications Drawer, you might already have one.

If your phone is running an older version of Android, you can download an app like ES File Explorer (I've used this before), or Android File Manager or similar. When you download and install, it will put an icon on your Homescreen. Otherwise you can access that program it in the Application Drawer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not every manufacturer includes a file explorer app in the phone. HTC doesn't have anything besides the Downloads access. My Nexus 7 tablet didn't have one installed out of the box. I had to load one from the Play Store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Interesting. On JellyBean and KitKat? Wow.

So the OP should go to the App Drawer, and try to locate a file manager, and if one isn't there, they should download one. Most people need to be able to locate files, and not everything is placed in Downloads.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

stef7 wrote:

Interesting. On JellyBean and KitKat? Wow.

So the OP should go to the App Drawer, and try to locate a file manager, and if one isn't there, they should download one. Most people need to be able to locate files, and not everything is placed in Downloads.

Jelly Bean, KitKat, ICS, Gingerbread, FroYo, Eclair and Donut Android OS versions. The HTC devices on those versions never had a file explorer installed from the factory. The Galaxy Nexus never had one either. I have used a file explorer app from the Play Store since Eclair and maybe Donut.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Open your downloads folder and view the contents. To delete one or many long press the file and select delete or the trash can

0 Likes