How do I recover a deleted voice recorded file?
Bwortman0526
Enthusiast - Level 1

If anyone can advise me where or how to recover/locate a deleted voice recorded file, please let me know asap.  I need to locate a couple files that were deleted and need these for court.  I didn't get any help from my local verizon store so I though I would try this.  These things are like computers so I know its got to be on this phone somewhere.  Thank you very much. - Bwortman0526

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I recover a deleted voice recorded files? (urgent: needed for court)
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, unless you had the files backed up somewhere, once they're deleted from the phone, they're gone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, unless you had the files backed up somewhere, once they're deleted from the phone, they're gone.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

As Tikibar1 indicated there probably gone but sometimes doing some researching through  Google Search you might find a way to reinstate them.. just remember there's no Guarantee's in finding something)  But i would state the model phone you have in with your Search Question.. see what pops up

Hope this Helps b33

0 Likes
Mark-333
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is the real answer. There are two very effective programs for recovering deleted files on phones, assuming that those files have not been overwritten with new data. The most widely used is dr.fone, which has a very good user interface and wide usage. It's not free. Next is android data recovery, which is similar to dr.fone. It costs $50. HOWEVER - These do not work with Verizon phones such as my LG V40 ThinQ.  These tools require that the phone be rooted. There are third party ways to root phones, but they risk completely disabling your phone in the process. I am willing to bet that Verizon knows how to safely root their own products.  It is likely that we can recover our files if Verizon would provide real technical support for recovering deleted files. This can be accomplished with other service providers' phones.

Mark E Schrader
0 Likes