Why won't our device recognize the charger?
ludlows6

My son's iphone 4 won't charge. It says it doesn't recognize or support the charger when we plug it in. The charger is fine, because we use it for other phones and have not problems.  What can we do to get my son's phone to charge?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My son's iphone 4 won't charge. It says it doesn't recognize or support the charger when we plug it in. The charger is fine, because we use it for other phones and have not problems.
Not applicable

Bring the phone and original charger to an Apple Store.

Let them look at it.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Re: My son's iphone 4 won't charge. It says it doesn't recognize or support the charger when we plug it in. The charger is fine, because we use it for other phones and have not problems.
Not applicable

Bring the phone and original charger to an Apple Store.

Let them look at it.

Good Luck

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very strange ludlows6! I would recommend following Elector's suggestion (thanks!), as it appears the something maybe wrong with the charge port connector and this requires a hands on evaluation. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
trfc4

I have the same issue in IPHONE 5 . It states this accessory  is not supported by this device when im trying to charge the phone. I'm using the original charger/cable. I went to the store they told me water damage which is BS the phone was fine until the last software update from Apple. Why pay insurance if they dont follow thru on it and give BS answers. I'll be leaving Verizon and moving to TMobile with all my phones

0 Likes
Not applicable

How can you blame the cell carrier for water damage stated to you by an Apple Store?

Verizon supplies the service and will do a warranty exchange however not for physical damage or water damage.

Blame apple

Good Luck at your new provider. No provider will cover water damage without the supplemental insurance.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is really odd, trfc4! Have you been able to try a different charger for your iPhone 5? We want to look into this before you think about going to a different provider.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes