"No valid recipients for this MM" when texting
jswofford

My cousin and I send text messages regularly. Last week we went to Mexico together and texted there as well. Now that we are both home, when I try to text her, the messages fail and I receive the error "No valid recipients for this MM." Her phone number is also displaying as 001XXXXXXXXXX (Xs are her 10 digit number), which I find odd, but it shouldn't matter. (I have changed her number in my Contacts back to XXXXXXXXXX and it still gets changed to 001. And I have sent texts directly to XXXXXXXXXX and it still changes to 001.) I have removed my global plan and have changed my Verizon "Network Technology" settings back from Global to LTE/CDMA. I get the same error when I set it to Global. Is this a problem on her end or mine? FWIW, she I received a text that she sent me yesterday, but I can't reply. Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "No valid recipients for this MM" when texting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely odd, jswofford. Let's see if we can get you texting together again. What kind of phone does she use? Does this happen only with her, or do you get the same issue when you text others?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jswofford

Based on another answer I found in another question, I completely removed her from my contacts, and then re-added her. For some miraculous reason, that seems to have fixed the problem!

However, though it isn't happening with all my contacts, it is still happening with at least one other. (I'm getting the same error with one other person ... I haven't checked EVEYRONE, though!) Both are on iPhones, and I believe both have AT&T. Text messages are NOT failing to everyone with iPhones. I have to try more people and find out what phones/carriers they have.

That's where I am right now ... will post more if/when I learn more. Thank you!

0 Likes
jswofford

So, now I'm back to square 1. I have another friend who is on an iPhone with AT&T, and he and I are texting fine. He was also in Mexico with us.

I have identified another friend who I have the same problem with, and I'm sure she does not use an iPhone. Worse, I deleted her and re-added her as a contact, and I still can not text her.

I'm on 10.2.1.2122.

The very first text to fail was the first night I was in Mexico, and that was to Citibank (who had texted me to tell me I made a charge on my credit card in Mexico).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for following up, Jswofford. When you have a chance could you please remove and reinsert the SIM card http://vz.to/1gXEdyV to help refresh network communication. Have you deleted previous threads that you've had with these contacts and started with a new conversation?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes