Phone plays notification tone on loop instead of ringtone when receiving a phone call. Solutions?
kellyiswicked

Hello all,

My phone randomly started using the notification tone instead of the default ringtone whenever someone calls me.

Has anyone had this problem before and know of a solution?  Suggestions always welcome.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone plays notification tone on loop instead of ringtone when receiving a phone call. Solutions?
AZSALUKI
Legend

heve you checked in the settings to make sure it didn't somehow get switched? check in the general settings and also make sure the same ringtone is set inside of the settings of the actual phone/dialer app that your model uses (not sure what kind of phone you have?)

0 Likes
Re: Phone plays notification tone on loop instead of ringtone when receiving a phone call. Solutions?
kellyiswicked

I have a Droid RAZR.

When I go under Settings > Sounds there are separate ringtones and notification tones.

I even checked through the text messaging app and the dialing app (both standard/stock Android) and they present the ringtones as I set them.  The only indication that anything is wrong is when someone actually calls and the ringtone does not play, the notification tone does.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for contacting us, kellyiswicked! I actually have the same phone so I would love to assist you.
Have you ever been able to get the ringtone that you want to play?
When you go to Apps>Settings>Sounds>Phone ringtone
You can also check the default notfication. What is set there?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes