Do I need to have a data plan to use an Envy 3?
KingTaco
Enthusiast - Level 1

I get the run around from my local verizon store on this constantly, I get that the status of this question changes but even during times when I've been told no data plan is required they won't activate it for me without a data plan. I've just had a phone completely break and I'm willing to drive further out to a different and hopefully better store with customer service reps who don't try to relentlessly upsell me. At this time can I use an LG Envy 3 without a data plan?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do I need to have a data plan to use an Envy 3?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LG EnV 3 does not require a data plan if activated on a post-paid account, and you can activate it yourself on-line.  However, it may require you to choose a data plan in order to be activated.  Once it's activated, you should be able to call Customer Service and have a data block put on the phone and the data plan removed.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LG EnV 3 does not require a data plan if activated on a post-paid account, and you can activate it yourself on-line.  However, it may require you to choose a data plan in order to be activated.  Once it's activated, you should be able to call Customer Service and have a data block put on the phone and the data plan removed.

KingTaco
Enthusiast - Level 1

Alright, that sounds perfect, thank you!

0 Likes