My Samsung Galaxy S4 charges in my computer but not the wall.
jakewicha

It has been working fine until today. I have had it for almost a year now. Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Samsung Galaxy S4 charges in my computer but not the wall.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmm. Well that is not cool, jakewicha! Have you tried another USB cable or a vehicle charger? Did you try to remove the battery and trying to charge again? Additionally, have you tried another wall charger? Share details so that I can help.

Thank you.

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
phoneuser9999
Enthusiast - Level 2

This exact problem starting occuring with my phone as of yesterday evening.  I have had the phone for 13 months with ZERO problems charging with both the standard charger that comes with the phone and with the desktop dock charger - both Samsung products.  Now, the ONLY way I can charge my phone is by plugging the cable from my original charger into the USB port on my computer. 

The odds of both of these chargers suddenly not working are next to zero.  So, I'm guessing this is a software issue with the phone.  The last update of my phone software was December 5th - one month ago.  That seems like a long time to finally cause this problem, but it could be.

Has there been any resolution to this problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having this issue too, phoneuser9999! Have you tried same charger on a different device to see if charges? Have you tried another charger?

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
phoneuser9999
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Vanessa,

As I wrote in my original posting, I have two Samsung chargers. Neither was recognized by my phone.

After I charged my phone to about 60% via USB on my computer, my phone started recognizing my chargers again.

This seems to be a software problem of some type. I don’t know what triggered this problem and am concerned that it will happen again.

Also, today my phone only held its charge for 3 hours on a 100% charge. This is a big problem. Before this incident two days ago, my phone held its charge for at least 8 hours.

I was told by the Samsung representatives at BestBuy that the most recent software update is very power intensive and has been draining batteries quickly.

Will there be a better update soon to solve these charging and battery consumption issues?

Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

phoneuser9999,

I hear where you are coming from. Being able to have a phone to stays charged, or simply charges when plugged in is super important. This is actually the first that I am hearing about this after the latest software update. I can most definitely lift this up to Samsung and advise them of the situation. As they are the ones who work with the software updates first, this would be the best option. I don't have any additional information at this time as to if another update is coming or not. If for some reason, you feel as if you would need a replacement charger, we can certainly check into options for that. Let us know. Thanks!

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Your phone’s battery problem is cause by you doing improper charging cycles and needs to have a  normal rebuild charge done. Give this a try for the next day or two, do a full 6-8 hour charge with device in sleep mode using the Samsung plug in charger, next run it down to about 45-50 % and then a 4-5 hour charge. After that use your phone and take it down to 30%. Another 6-8 hour charge and then down to no lower than 20% and one more 8 hour charge. At that point your battery should be rebuilt back to a normal life cycle. This will eliminate your battery and software as possible problems if phone charges as normal after doing above.

0 Likes
phoneuser9999
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi GalaxyClass,

Huh – I’m doing improper charging cycles. Right. Show of hands out there – who’s doing “proper charging cycles”? You know, the ones described in – the manual? – nope; described by anyone, anywhere else online? – nope.

The really interesting thing is that I’ve had this phone for 13 months and have NEVER had a problem with the battery before. It happened overnight, not gradually as would normally happen if I were “improperly” charging my battery.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

If you read my post and decide to give this a try I pointed out that if this worked,  (This will eliminate your battery and software as possible problems if phone charges as normal after doing above.) It's your call as to perform this or not. I wish you the best.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes