Do I have to give up unlimited data to upgrade basic phone lines on my account?
jemerson70

I have 3 lines we are on a family share plan and line 1 is the only smartphone.

Line 1 unlimted data smartphone

line 2 and 3 are due for upgrades just basic phones but want to switch to smartphones plus add a 4th line.  do I have to give up my unlimted data to get them on a data plan?

Thanks for any feed back.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: upgrade 2 basic lines to smartphones and add a smartphone line
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Each line has its own contract, so making changes to one line shouldn't affect the other lines.  You should be able to upgrade the two basic phones to smartphones and add a 2GB ($30) data plan to each and add the fourth line without affecting the unlimited data line.  You may want to check the math to ensure that it isn't cheaper to switch to the More Everything plan, though (depending on data usage) ... and be aware that unless you make the changes on-line, VzW reps will probably try to steer you toward changing to the More Everything plan, but that's not required.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Each line has its own contract, so making changes to one line shouldn't affect the other lines.  You should be able to upgrade the two basic phones to smartphones and add a 2GB ($30) data plan to each and add the fourth line without affecting the unlimited data line.  You may want to check the math to ensure that it isn't cheaper to switch to the More Everything plan, though (depending on data usage) ... and be aware that unless you make the changes on-line, VzW reps will probably try to steer you toward changing to the More Everything plan, but that's not required.

0 Likes
jemerson70

thank you so much for input

0 Likes