why am I not receiving 'any' text messages on my galaxy s5?
Ravenspeaks
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched from an iphone 4 to a galaxy s5,  went through the whole deal of unregistering my iphone from imessage, and still cannot receive any incoming messages.  I know I can send messages out and see that they are delivered.  But none come back.  This have been going on for days now, and it is getting pretty tiresome.  Does anyone have a definitive answer?  I would be eternally grateful.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why am I not receiving 'any' text messages on my galaxy s5?
mshunter
Enthusiast - Level 1

You need to contact apple support to have your iMessage account deactivated, it is a common problem, when you leave iPhone for Android.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Ravenspeaks!

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your messaging. Let's try some troubleshooting steps. Please send a text message with the word STOP to 48369. This should correct the issue. Let me know how it goes, thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

mshunter
Enthusiast - Level 1

You need to contact apple support to have your iMessage account deactivated, it is a common problem, when you leave iPhone for Android.

0 Likes
Ravenspeaks
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have contacted apple support and had my imessage account deactivated. And still I do not receive text messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ravenspeaks,

We'll get your messages working again! Do you have any Apple devices other than your old iPhone 4?

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
Ravenspeaks
Enthusiast - Level 2

No Sarah, I do not. As far as I know, my current and only messaging

service is Verizon.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 7:31 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ravenspeaks,

Thanks for the clarification! I was wondering because devices such as iPads and iPods or even other iPhones can receive your iMessages if they have the same Apple ID that your iPhone did - even if they do not have cellular service. Is it only messages from Apple devices that you are not receiving, or does it include Android devices too?

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
Ravenspeaks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your assistance Sarah, but it's working now. Yesterday, out of

the blue, I started getting messages. I don't know how or why, I'm just

glad it's working.

Again I want to thank you for your help. Have a really great day.

Keith

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're very welcome, Keith. I'm glad to hear that everything is back up and running. I hope that you have a wonderful day as well.

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
usmc8792

I have always had this issue when I was on Sprint on my S3 and now on my S5 with Verizon.  I have to download all texts that are sent from an iPhone.  I have read on an Android site that there are settings in the APN that can be tweaked to get them working, but the only APN on my S5 is blacked out and I cannot add another one.  I did have an iPod years ago, but it was tied to a phone number I no longer have from five years ago.  I did text that one number to un-register and even went onto the iCloud to make sure that nothing was present  that could be interfering with text messages.  Any thoughts?  I need to be receiving these messages as soon as they are available for my job.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes