HTC M8 putting 011 in front of all US phone numbers
realfan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi - I've had my HTC M8 (Verizon) for a few days now and I love it but for one major issue. My contacts are loaded on to the phone through the Exchange ActiveSync server. When I go to dial someone by either dialing their name into the phone keypad or their contact card and then hitting the number I want to call, the phone automatically appends 011 to all domestic numbers and my calls do not go through.

It is doing this because there is a "+" in front of every domestic number in my firm's Outlook contact directory from which the Exchange ActiveSync server is downloading the contact card. If I turn off Assisted Dialing, the phone doesn't know what to do with the "+" and I get a "your call cannot be placed" fast busy signal message. 

I can't be the only corporate user of the M8 with this issue. Our setup is perfectly normal and works with iPhone, Samsung, etc. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this issue? Thanks.

Labels (1)
Re: HTC M8 putting 011 in front of all US phone numbers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Realfan,

Congrats on the new phone! When you go into the assisted dialing have you checked to make sure that the correct country is set? Also When you look at the top of the contact list is it set to all? Keep us posted.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

realfan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Robin,

Yes, I have confirmed that the correct country is set and that my contact list is set to all.  I have also disabled assisted dialing to try and rectify the issue but to no avail.  Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.  Thanks.

Real Fan

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Try using if you can Google I've always had good Luck in the last 5 years using Google..

0 Likes
realfan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just tried using some third party dialing programs but ran into the same exact issue.  Domestic calls get 011 placed in front of them due to the + that is in each contact.  Thanks.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you checking those settings, realfan. As you mentioned, because the plus sign is listed in front of the number, your phone will add 011 in its place. In order to ensure you are still able to reach your contacts, the plus sign would need to be removed from the contact information. If you also have your contacts store with Backup Assistant, you can manage your address book right from your computer and sync the changes as well. http://bit.ly/1gEezVc

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

endofline

Any additional characters after 10 digit number causes the phone to prepend "011" to the dialed out number even though is doesn't show in listed number.  Just got off an HTC tech call on this matter; they don't know why this happens.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

hmm.. interesting..

0 Likes