Why can't I get coverage at Boeing Bellevue?
zzzz8

I currently work outside the Boeing Bellevue security gates (removed).  The buildings are actually very close to the Verizon Bellevue regional headquarters.  I get decent coverage in my current work location - typically 4G with 3 or 4 bars.

However, I will be forced to work in a building that is within the Boeing Bellevue security gates, (removed)  I get 0 (yes, zero!) bars in that building.  Your verizonwireless.com coverage map indicates there should be coverage in this area but it is a definite dead spot.  Can you work with Boeing to add a network extender in the building or near the area as there are several hundred people who work in this vicinity?

Private info removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Boeing Bellevue Wireless Coverage
Not applicable

You get zero bars because you are inside a large building. One that probably is surrounded by a ton of concrete and metal and I bet has a metal roof. Verizon coverage maps are approximation of OUTDOOR coverage. And even that doesn't take into account trees or other foliage or buildings that may interfere with a signal. And I'm sure working inside a SECURED areas there may be interference causing things.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

You get zero bars because you are inside a large building. One that probably is surrounded by a ton of concrete and metal and I bet has a metal roof. Verizon coverage maps are approximation of OUTDOOR coverage. And even that doesn't take into account trees or other foliage or buildings that may interfere with a signal. And I'm sure working inside a SECURED areas there may be interference causing things.

0 Likes
zzzz8

I think those are valid theories.  However, it's offset by the fact that my Boeing colleagues who use T-Mobile are getting three bars, i.e. adequate reception within the affected building.  AT&T is a different story because Boeing has a contract with AT&T - and there are probably AT&T network extenders within the building.  Nevertheless, other carriers such as T-Mobile have more than adequate reception, so Verizon could probably do a much better job in correcting this dead spot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zzzz8 We definitely want to be able to provide you with better coverage. Our network team can investigate the specific area once we have filed a network ticket. What is the zip code? Please let us know if a ticket has already been filed. We look forward to providing resolving your network concerns.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
VZWSupport

0 Likes