Corporate vs retailer stores??
1213tml
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wanted to email Verizon a private message but could not find a link.  Calling the 800 number did not get me connected to anyone after several tries.  I want to let everyone know about an experience I had today with a "corporate" store.  Typically I like the corporate stores because they have previously provided excellent service. Well not today!! I did not realize if you purchase a phone case that is defective at an "authorized retailer", which honestly you sometimes don't even know because the sign simply says Verizon wireless, and you go to another store to make an exchange or return because you know the previous store where item was purchased does not have any in stock and the other store happens to be "corporate" they will NOT help you.  I went into a corporate store on papermill rd, reading, pa and this happened to me today after being made to wait 40 minutes in line even though Kim, the sales rep, knew what I was there for and to make matters worse someone walked in several people after me who needed a screen protector and she waited on him immediately. This customer was not made to sign in and wait like everyone else. I walked right out after her lame excuse of not being able to do the return because this was a corporate store and walked right into best buy and bought a new case. I will return the defective case to the authorized retailer store on Monday and not shop at either of those stores again. I was very happy my phone arrived a week early but very disappointed my case arrived a week late and then that case was defective. Buyer beware of "corporate" vs "Retailer" stores. not sure why this should make such a difference for Verizon customers.

Labels (1)
Re: Corporate vs retailer stores??
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Every authorized retailer is required to indicate as such on their signage. It most likely to be smaller and underneath the "Verizon Wireless" portion of the sign.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It's as easy as a Google Search  < Verizon Authorized Retailer >  then Look at Pictures there are several around the country.. but when ya purchase a cases or other accessory they for most of it may have different skew numbers & the products may come from a different Distributor for that retailer so that's why returning it isn't a option..

I have in the Past bought Motorola chargers and cases from these types of retailers,  because sometimes Verizon has a tendency to not carry some of  the OEM Products..

0 Likes
Not applicable

Simple answer is you purchase from a reseller of Verizon services the name of the company is listed in smaller letters.

Where I live they have a company that says "Verizon Wireless" and under that large lighted sign it says "An on call Company-Authorized Reseller" there are a few other companies out there with big Verizon signs and they also are resellers which you can see in the store or on the paperwork in these places.

Verizon is not Walmart where it can be returned to any Walmart location. Verizon stock is limited to their own individual stores.

On a few occasions I have gone to my corporate store, the item did not function I brang it back. They did offer it at another store if found or they sent it via their warehouse.

All in all it was an easy process each time.

Just return it and get your money back. Best Buy has a nice selection of cases and accessories. I purchase things from them quite often.

Good Luck