Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Due on May 2 for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
RalphRoberts
Enthusiast - Level 3

maybe ....

this is from an article on Android Geeks, see: http://www.android.gs/android-4-4-2-kitkat-update-to-roll-out-soon-for-verizon-samsung-galaxy-s4/

believe it when I see it downloading on my S4.

and even so, it's over a month late in my opinion.

0 Likes
Re: Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Due on May 2 for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
UAVPilot1
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, I posted a similar article link on another discussion.

T-Mobile, Sprint, and AT&T all received theirs in February and March.

Verizon claims to be number one but it's certainly not for customer service in the Android area.

After being this late on the update and Verizon claiming to be number one, it's very funny. It's like a person running a marathon and coming in dead last, to claim they are the winner and number 1, only because all the other people have gone home and moved on to the next race (4.5 or better). In the meantime, my friends on other networks are telling me about a few tricks with 4.4.2 on their other carrier phones. Very disappointing... Very embarrassing...

This is where Verizon should lose a lot of credibility in their service.

0 Likes
dcva

Apparently we might have to download it with windows on May 2nd what a joke Verizon is. T-Mobile time I think

0 Likes
Not applicable

I installed kitkat on my G2 on Thursday. So far I'm not seeing anything different. I don't see what all the whining was about. My phone works just the same. So special things that make it oh so much better. The same phone I've been using since January.

0 Likes
GBB0131

Got the update today.  Kitkat broke dock preference.  Now when I place it in my samsung desk dock to charge I don't get the home screen anymore.  Just beeps and says docked...  Doesn't work in my iBolt in the car anymore either.

0 Likes
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

So far so good on new NC5 update to 4.4.2.

It ran good for the first couple of hours so far. I powered down to a full clean recharge to test later or tomorrow on battery life/drain.

It does seem to be a little snappier on screen transistions and application loading.

I did notice the signal seems to drop more than on JB. I had same issues with the signal on my Moto Razr Maxx XT912 on some 4.4.2 ROMs.

0 Likes
August1959
Enthusiast - Level 3

I installed the 4.4.2 (NC5) update and I lost all the "color" in the notification panel. Everything is except when battery gets low then I can see yellow, but that is the only color that shows up. I used to have various colored icons in the notification panel.

I also what seems to be several new "Samsung" apps installed and more processes running and cached

My battery seems to have a little less capacity, but that could be because I have been trying to get things back to what they were before the update

Anyone else experienced odd events with the new update?

Thanks!

0 Likes
docfjc

I updated my S4 to KitKat on Friday and the phone seems to be somewhat more laggy and unresponsive since the update but what has been most frustrating is that it has frozen up on a few occasions.  If the phone is "asleep" and I press the Home button or power key to wake it up, nothing happens.   The screen stays black and I have to eventually do a battery pull to reset the phone.  This never happened before the update and I have the phone since last June.  It has happened three times since yesterday so far.  Anyone else seeing this?  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

My status bar is black with white lettering and icons. That's how Kitkat is.

There are a few more apps installed during the update I also noticed. None are affecting my battery life though. You can check your location services and make sure it's not on High Accuracy. You can put iton Power Save mode to gain more battery life.

The lag youare having may be fixed or adjusted in Developer Options in the More section of settings menu. You can set length of window, animation duration and transitions. They come set at 1.5 I beleive. You can decrease the time or turn them off completely if you want.

If this doesn't help you, you may want to do a factory reset to correct any problems that might have happened during update. It can be found in the Accounts section of settings menu.

0 Likes
August1959
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey bDayedup - I've been in "Developer Options" before, but it has been a while and now I can't find it.

I went into "Settings" and then into "More", but I'm lost after that. I looked everywhere I thought it might be, but I didn't have any luck.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes