No email notification
dclark39
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using a Droid Razr Maxx, version 4.1.2. For almost two years now I've been using the email app native to the phone to sync my RoadRunner email address, 'mailbox check frequency' is every 15 minutes, and if there's new email there's the notification icon in the info bar at the top of the screen...no issues. Maybe three weeks ago the notifications disappeared and the phone does not automatically sync. I must manually go into the app and sync in order for the emails to be pushed to my phone.

I've cleared the cache, deleted the email account several times and re-installed it, triple-checked the settings, etc. The only thing I haven't done is a reset. Any idea how I get this issue resolved without having to use another app?

I did notice on one of the many pages I've searched trying to get help on this issue where someone said, from the home page, go into <System Settings><Email> and ensure that 'Sync' is turned on. Well, mine is turned off and for the life of me I can't figure out how to change that in any of the settings. When I click on the bar indicating sync is off, it take me to the sync screen and I can do a one-time manual sync, but nothing to leave the sync on.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No email notification
greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

dclark39,

Try to go in the settings of the mail app itself instead of the phone settings. You should be able to find the sync option there. I have the same phone as yours, I used to use that app, but I no longer do. Therefore, its hard for me to guide you through it.

Good luck.

0 Likes