Has anyone else had trouble switching to the Edge plan?
abitdisgruntled
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wifes phone was broken and was good for an upgrade so we called CS to ask about my phone that still had 4+ more months untll upgrade.  He told us the Edge plan would raise our data 2 gig and we could BOTH get new Ultras which would be similar to our Razr Max with no money out of pocket and only $10 more a month.  I got the confermation emails and one was shipped that evening.  The next day I recieved the phone and waited the next day for the other phone that never came.  I check my email and find a "update" to my order saying it was cancelled.  I call the number provided and was told that only one phone was eligible and there was nothing I or he could do about it.  This was all after spending about an hour on the phone with the original rep walking us through our order on my pc since he was having trouble with placing the order on his end.  I would think that the CS rep would know what he was selling, IF we were eligible, OR not, as well as the online site either accepting our order or telling us it couldn't due to ineligibility.  Like many I'm a long time Verizon customer and just keep getting disapointed over and over. I'm a retired UPS driver and last year they called to let me know that my corp. discount wasn't good any more since I was retired after repetedly being told by other reps that it was in the past.  Granted it wasn't much but on a fixed (retired) budget every penny counts.

The rep I spoke with yesterday of course seemed less than enthused to talk with me or offer anything other than to switch my plan back to what it was and to send the unactivated phone back.  I can't wait to see if my bill is incorrect or what kind of charge was added because of the mistake.  Very sad.  I hope that there is another carrier that has acceptable coverage in my area so we can try them out.  Unacceptable.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone else had trouble switching to the Edge plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Abitdisgruntled, you're right when you say this whole situation is very sad. It never, ever should have happened that way, and I apologize. Getting new phones should be exciting and fun - not full of hassles! I would like to check into that order for myself. Do you happen to have the order number?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
abitdisgruntled
Enthusiast - Level 2

We were told by the rep that we had to do two different orders so we did them one at a time with him on the phone walking us through it.  I'm not sure what numbers are the actual order numbers because it seems the order number on the one phone I did recieve was different from the number in the email.  The "order numbers" on the two emails were (removed) and I think were stated as "online order number".  The whole thing was just so dissapointing.  Spending all that time on the phone and my pc (on hold waiting for a rep, having the rep try the order, walking us through the order), my wife thinking she was finally getting a new phone that worked, etc, and finding out TWO days later?? I actually kind of felt bad for the rep I talked with yesterday because he probably gets beat on all day long if this kind of thing happens often, which from the posts, seems like it does.  Of course I was less than pleasant with him struggling to understand what had happened and what could be done about it.  If something can be done it would be appreciated.  A CS rep can speak with me as well personally on the (951) number if they wish.  Thanks.

"You can not do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late"  R W Emerson

Private info removed as required by the

Message edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
abitdisgruntled
Enthusiast - Level 2

Once again disapointed.  I replied to SarahO_VZW six days ago with my order numbers and nothing back.  I actually thought I was going to get an answer or solution to my issue and NOTHING.  How long does it take to research my order and have some sort of responce instead of some generic "it shouldn't be that way" attempt to pretend someone actually cares about what happened.  This is a really strange way to do business.  Not only sad but just bad business.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

abitdisgruntled,

I am sorry to hear that your issues were not taken care of. I would be more than happy to help and resolve all of your issues. Can you please direct message me with additional information?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
abitdisgruntled
Enthusiast - Level 2

Even this proccess is far more difficult than it needs to be!! We were told that the Edge was the way to go by a rep.  NOT our idea, NOT trying to get something for nothing, DIDN'T know anything about the Ultra, wanted another Max, but was willing to try the Ultra and the new plan which we were told would give us new phones, more data and only cost $10 more a month (his sales pitch NOT my idea).  We recieved one phone, a cancelled order email a day later for the other phone, and my wife still has a cracked screen on her phone.  The second rep only offered the advice of sending the phone back since there was nothing he could do because one of the phones didn't qualify, so I did.  This is after being a customer for a couple of decades, after being told for two or three years I WOULD NOT loose my company discount after retireing, and LOOSING IT.  I'm sure I'm sounding like a broken record because it seems like there are lot's of people who are having the same problems.  I'm sure you know that because of coverage, your service has been my go to as well as many other peoples but I'm getting to the point of trying another service since I don't travel cross country any more.  My contract is up in August and for the first time in something like 20 yrs, I'm shopping other services.  Dissapointed.

0 Likes
abitdisgruntled
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Direct Message"?  How am I supposed to know how to do that?  I replied to the first email and it posted to this site.  It would be really nice to just talk to someone so that I actually know something is being done, OR I can hear if it sounds like they are BSing me.  Just saying.  If I'm having this kind of trouble and I'm semi computer savy, how do those who aren't get help?  Would they be the ones waiting on hold for 20 minutes or so to actually speak to someone?  Is this CS outsourced to another country?  Pretty dissapointed.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Click on their profile:  robind_vzw  and send them a Follow request (located on the right-hand side of their profile page).  They'll have to approve it and likewise send you a Follow request that you'll have to approve.  Once you both are Following each other, then you can Direct Message them.

How To: Direct Message

abitdisgruntled
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know what's worse, waiting on hold listening to what ever automated message plays for 20-40 minutes or trying to navigate with some voiceless, faceless, persona on VWS?? I don't have all day to sit at my computer or want to try and navigate all this crap on my "smart" phone. Seems like just a big waste of time, MINE. Do this, no now do that, oh sorry that person didn't handle it, well email me, no message me, what next??? IT SHOULDN'T BE THIS HARD OR TAKE THIS MUCH TIME TO HANDLE SIMPLE PROBLEMS AND MISTAKES ON YOUR END. I PAY FOR A "SERVICE" AND SHOULD GET SERVICE NOT A RUNAROUND. I was told one thing originally by CS, it didn't happen, then another thing, I voiced my opinion in hopes of getting some direction, I was told I could reply to an email (easy, take a minute, check it later), nothing happened, now another reply after I voice my opinion again to do something else and it takes navigating through multiple links to do so. Does anyone actually do customer service or are people paid to just monitor what is said and pacify people until they get frustrated and give up?? I'm usually a very easy going person but this is more like a test than getting anything done. This is NOT the way to do business, PERIOD.

"You can not do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late" R W Emerson

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

abitdisgruntled,

I'm disappointed to learn about your experience while working with your wife's phone. It's never our intention to give you the run around; we always want to provide you with the best service. I'm here to do so. Please direct message so I can review your options.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes