Why am I not receiving all my texts?
cbracken

I am receiving texts from some people but not everyone.  I'm not receiving them from my husband who has an iphone through Sprint, but he receives all mine.

I'm also not receiving them from another person who has an iphone but has AT&T.

I've rebooted multiple times, deleted texts to clear up everything and still nothing.  Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I not receiving all my texts?
rcschnoor
Legend

Have you recently changed from an iPhone to another phone, such as Android or Windows?

If so, you are not able to receive texts from these iPhone users because they think you are still using an iPhone and are attempting to iMessage you.

You need to text the word "stop" to 48369 and you will receive a reply that you are unsubscribed from iMessage. As long as your iPhone friends have the box checked to send as SMS if iMessage is unavailable, you should start receiving those texts.

0 Likes
cbracken

Nothing has changed and I was able to receive texts yesterday but they stopped all of a sudden. We all have the same phones and providers.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

cbracken wrote:

We all have the same phones and providers.

What???

I assume you are on Verizon since you are on a Verizon help forum. You said your husband has Sprint. You said another person has AT&T. That appears to be 3 different providers, not the "same". Possibly you meant to say same phone, different providers???

Regardless, check to make sure you still have iMessage activated in your settings since I think you have an iPhone.

0 Likes
cbracken

What I meant was that we all have the same providers as before and have not made any changes.  I have verizon, my husband has sprint and another person has AT&T.  But have had this for years and am just now having issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to stay in touch with your family cbracken! I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties. What messaging app is this? Does this happen with more than the two contacts you have referenced? Can you send messages successfully to these contacts? How about calls?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
cbracken

It is the message app for text messaging.  As long as my iMessage is off and the person whose texting me has their iMessage off it works.  As soon as they or I turn it on I stop receiving the text messages, but I can still send them. Why is this?  Does something need to be reset?

I can make all calls. 

0 Likes
jrblb372

I, too, am having difficulty receiving text messages. Problem started back in Feb 2014. Messages arrive incomplete or broken up into 3 separate message packets. Spoke to VZW Tech Support at least 4 times with no solution.  Finally got them to initiate a Repair Request Ticket.

Sounds like this is a common problem. A couple of questions come to mind. Would the issue of not receiving text messages be due to the lack of cell site coverage in my immediate area?  or...could it be the current software version on my I-Phone. currently running Verizon Version 15.0.

Would like some help. Been a loyal Verizon customer 14 years.

JB

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get this messaging issue resolved pronto cbracken! Please confirm your phone model and software version. We'll explore ways to get your messages flowing again!

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
cbracken

It’s an Apple 4 and software version is 7.1.

Thanks!

Chalisa

0 Likes