Galaxy S5 - Worst Online Ordering Process I've Ever Experienced
Rob_Beltran
Enthusiast - Level 1

I pre-ordered my GS5 on April 5th, and I JUST received it today, April 16th

I ordered it on the Edge plan, with a new line, and Verizon messed up the order (completely unexplained) and tried to charge me the FULL PRICE of the phone. I have the original receipt that Verizon emailed me after I made my order, clearly stating what I actually ordered...the new line, Edge plan, and the amount I would be charged when shipped (first month payment and taxes on the new phone). When my bank flagged & declined the charge on April 8th for $640 something bucks, Verizon never even contacted me about it. No email, no call, nothing. I called them on the 11th, to ask why my new phone hadn't been shipped, and that's when they told me that my bank had declined the charge on the 8th (so 3 days later, and no contact was made to inform me of that). At that point, they had to cancel my order because they "don't know" why they were trying to charge me the full amount on the phone, and blamed their system for the error. So the rep convinced me to put in a NEW "pre-order" (hello, on the 11th, it's no longer a pre-order! the phone was already up for sale everywhere). The sales rep offered me a free of charge overnight delivery for my trouble. So I agreed to just put in a new order and wait for it as opposed to having to stand in long lines at a retailer. The over the phone sales rep told me (lied) that it would go out Monday, and I would 100% get it on Tuesday (the supposed complimentary overnight he PROMISED ). Well guess what....It went out Monday, but NOT overnight! Regular two day delivery. It's now noon on the 16th, pre-ordered this thing 11 days ago, was supposed to have days it 5 days ago, then one day ago, and I was stuck waiting for it till just now. Lies, all lies! What I think happened is that Verizon went in over there heads with the unexpected high demand that their BOGO free offer created, and couldn't keep up, so conveniently screwed up A TON of orders (including mine- from what I've read and even heard from their own reps) to buy themselves time to fulfill the orders which caused an immediate back-order even before the device was released. That will be the last time that I ever order any device directly from Verizon. Next time I'll just hit up Best Buy like my gut instincts was telling me. They always have a good amount of stock, especially with big releases.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 - Worst Online Ordering Process I've Ever Experienced
greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

I had a similar experience two years ago when I ordered my phone also. I will never pre-order, or do it online. That was a hard lesson. Always do it in person to get the facts straight.