How do I stop my headset from auto answering calls?
Brunoni
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the Voyager Legend Headset when I preordered my S5. The headset worked perfect with my Motorola Razr maxx.

Now with my S5 the headset auto answers every call as long as it is turned on and paired to the phone. Doesn't matter if it's on my ear or not it will auto answer the call.

I took it into a Verizon store they weren't able to determine why. They even grabbed a brand new one off the shelf, paired it to my phone and it did the same thing. I contacted Plantronics whet through all of their troubleshooting and still no change. Plantroncis recommended exchanging it for a new one.

Since I had seen another one already have this issue I thought I'd post this on this forum and see if anyone else is having this problem and see if anyone has found a solution.

Things I've done.

1) Installed the Plantronics app and checked all the settings

2) Updated the firmware on the headset and checked the settings with the plantronics website

3) Tried changing all the "answering and ending call" options on the S5

4) Unpairing the headset and repairing it.

5) Tried using the headset with the s5 in safe mode

Anyone have any more thoughts or suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S5 and Plantronics Voyager Legend
Brunoni
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have recently just got the solution.

Even Samsing wasn't able to help. After going through all the settings on the S5 I found the fix.

Go to Settings --> Applications --> Call --> Call Accessories. There is an option for Automatic Answering. Uncheck that.

The headset will now work perfectly.

View solution in original post

jcorky
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have exactly the same issue and no solution

0 Likes
Brunoni
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have recently just got the solution.

Even Samsing wasn't able to help. After going through all the settings on the S5 I found the fix.

Go to Settings --> Applications --> Call --> Call Accessories. There is an option for Automatic Answering. Uncheck that.

The headset will now work perfectly.

jcorky
Enthusiast - Level 1

Correct!  Great job.  Owe you one.  Jc

0 Likes