Can I make changes to my plan online or over the phone?
Disnie
Contributor - Level 1

I just ordered the BOGO S5 phones adding two more lines to my account. I already have a family plan and I have my S4 and the other two lines are basic lines.   When the S5s arrive tomorrow, I want to take one of the S5s and activate it on my line, take my S4 and activate it on one of the basic lines and then the other S5 on the other basic line leaving the two new lines and making those basic or dummy lines.  What is the best way to do all of this?  I have done it before with one phone but it has been awhile.  I know they are coming with the SIM cards.  Can it be done online, over the phone or do I need to go to the store?

On one of the basic lines, it is a LG Octane phone and pretty old.  I tried to back up the contacts with the assistant but... it kept telling me pin number invalid. I would get them to send it to me again and it was the exact same number as I was entering.  I read somewhere to delete the backup assistant and reinstall it however after deleting it.. I can't find where to download it.  (I haven't used a basic phone in over 10 years maybe). So I need help getting these contacts as well.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Getting my S5s tomorrow and need to prepare
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Disnie,

Awesome, congrats on the new phones and addition of two lines! I know waiting for a new phone is exciting and I am glad you are getting all the prep work done to make this process easier for you. If you are looking to move lines around you can definitely make the changes online via My Verizon, but I suggest contact customer service or our chat team so they can make the changes for you and avoid glitches. If you have forgotten your Backup Assistant PIN it can also be reset by our customer service team or chat team so you can ensure your information is saved. Please let us know if you are in need of additional assistance or clarification.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Disnie,

Awesome, congrats on the new phones and addition of two lines! I know waiting for a new phone is exciting and I am glad you are getting all the prep work done to make this process easier for you. If you are looking to move lines around you can definitely make the changes online via My Verizon, but I suggest contact customer service or our chat team so they can make the changes for you and avoid glitches. If you have forgotten your Backup Assistant PIN it can also be reset by our customer service team or chat team so you can ensure your information is saved. Please let us know if you are in need of additional assistance or clarification.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Disnie
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you!  I ended up calling and got it all done  😃  They had problems with my line since I already had smartphone and was trying to keep from losing data plan but.. they did it  😃

0 Likes